FW: Fun Book Party!! [for Alabama novelist Wayne Greenhaw]

    Message 1 of 1 , May 31, 2002

      From: Capitol Book [mailto:capitolbook@...]
      Sent: Friday, May 31, 2002 9:14 AM
      To: Capitol Book E-Letter List
      Subject: Fun Book Party!!

      The Capitol Book Newsletter

      Friday  May 31, 2002

      Booksigning/Fiesta This Sunday For Wayne Greenhaw!

      "Wayne Greenhaw is one of the best-ever writers of narrative fiction.  In this new novel, he takes us on a journey that is rambunctious, picturesque, tender and heartfelt, and always entertaining."   -Harper Lee

      Now we ask you - Could you have a better recommendation than that?

      Wayne's new book, "The Long Journey," is set in 1919.  Harold Reed, 16, embarks on a trip to meet his brother, coming home from the Great War, at the Decatur, Alabama train station. On the way he meets an Irishman, a Cherokee woman, and a Greek man who travels in a hot-air balloon, some tough men and some painted ladies. He meets a girl whose trek into the oldest profession tugs at his heart. But nothing can prepare him for Prudence Longshore, the owner of his boardinghouse.

      It reminds us of one of our other favorite books, "Candide," also about an innocent boy's adventures on the road.

      Come meet Wayne, and get your summer reading off to a great start with a signed copy of this really good book. But don't come to the bookstore. We had so much fun having Wayne's last booksigning at El Rey's that we're going to have this one there, too, even though this book has no connection with Mexico whatsoever.  There's a cash bar but the chips and salsa are FREE! (courtesy of River City Publishing)

      Here's the deal:

      Sunday June 2

      3:00-6:00 P.M.

      at El Rey's Burrito Lounge

      right down the street from the bookstore at

      1031 E. Fairview Avenue

      If you can't be there but would like a signed copy of "The Long Journey"  (Hardcover, $25.95) just let us know by email or phone (265-1473) and we'll take care of it for you.

      Thomas Upchurch
      Capitol Book & News Company
      Voice 334-265-1473
      www.capitolbook.com