FW: Great Gift Book [Keeping Hearth and Home in Old Alabama]

    Message 1 of 1 , May 2, 2002

      From: The Alabama Booksmith [mailto:booksmith@...]
      Sent: Wednesday, May 01, 2002 5:39 PM
      To: Alabama's Literati
      Subject: Great Gift Book

      Hi Y'All-

      We're excited about having the first bookstore signing in America for one of the neatest books we've ever run across. We discovered this gem when it was a work- in-progress and recommend a copy for everyone's library. It's a combination of history, home remedies, cooking, manners, social skills and humor of nineteenth century Alabama - all wrapped up in a 230 page hardback for $13.95.

      The title is Keeping Hearth and Home in Old Alabama and the author, Carol Padgett will be here Monday, May 6, from 4:00 - 6:00 PM. Besides checking out this fun book, don't miss the authentic nineteenth century outfit  the author will wear. Mark your calendar. You'll want one of these for Mother's Day, Father's Day, weddings and anniversarys. While Carol's signing, you might even want to do some early Christmas shopping. Of course, if you can't make it, we'll be happy to reserve signed or inscribed copies.

      The author is researching and writing one of these for every state. Besides Alabama, she has finished Massachusetts and Texas, in case any of your friends or family have wandered off. For a glimpse of the get-up, book cover and details, click here:

      http://www.alabamabooksmith.com/NASApp/store/IndexJsp?&s=storeevents&eventId=177801

      See ya Monday.

      The Booksmith Gang
      The Alabama Booksmith
      2626 19th Place
      Homewood, AL 35209
      205.870.4242
      booksmith@...
      http://www.alabamabooksmith.com

      Don't forget to e-mail us before you change addresses. We purge a handful of
      undeliverable invitations after each mailing. If you wish to be removed from our invitation list, please reply. Likewise, please forward to good reading friends. Your e-mail address is kept absolutely confidential. We will NEVER, EVER sell or loan this list to anyone under any circumstances. Lastly, if you received this notice by forward from a friend and would like to join Alabama's literati, please request same.