FW: PARTIES! [at Capitol Books, Montgomery, with Alabama writers! ]

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 4, 2002

      From: Capitol Book [mailto:capitolbook@...]
      Sent: Thursday, April 04, 2002 1:32 PM
      To: Capitol Book E-Letter List
      Subject: PARTIES!

      The Capitol Book Newsletter

      Thursday April 4, 2002

      We'll have a whole store full of Alabama writers THIS SATURDAY, APRIL 6,
      from 1:00-3:00 P.M.

      THE BOOK: "The Remembered Gate: Memoirs of Alabama Writers" is a
      collection of nineteen essays in which fiction writers, essayists and poets
      recall how Alabama shaped them during their formative years. By turn,
      funny, sweet, sad and tragic, all are fascinating. ($29.95 hardcover)

      THE EDITORS AND WRITERS: Jay Lamar and Jeanie Thompson, William Cobb, Wayne
      Greenhaw, Helen Norris, and Phyllis Perry. We wish every one of the
      nineteen writers could have been here, but we are thrilled with the six who
      will be here Saturday. We'll also have available many other books by these
      authors in addition to "The Remembered Gate."

      THE PARTY will be right here from 1:00-3:00, with REFRESHMENTS FROM FOUR OF
      OUR FAVORITE COOKBOOKS, and a splendid time to be had by all.

      THE CONSOLATION PRIZE: If you can't be here but would like a signed copy,
      just let us know and we'll take care of it for you.

      One Sad Note: Mary Ward Brown, who wanted very much to be here, is a little
      under the weather, and will not be able to attend.

      On the Other Hand: If you don't read the Montgomery Advertiser, you can
      still read our recent column about the book. Just click on this link;

      MORE TO COME, but you may want to mark your calendars now:

      April 13, Saturday, 2:00-4:00 Meet Willie G. Moseley and Bill Ingalls, the
      authors of "Vintage Electric Guitars." See displays of classic vintage
      guitars, all of which are in the book, AND free authentications (as opposed
      to 'appraisals') of any electric guitars brought in during book signing
      hours AND a free copy of VINTAGE GUITAR MAGAZINE with each book purchase!
      This one should be cool.

      April 16, Tuesday, 5:30-6:30 "The Artist's Way" Workshop. Organizational
      meeting for a new book group on Julia Cameron's groundbreaking book on
      creativity. No charge, everybody is welcome.

      April 19, Friday 11:00-2:00 Our first ever lunchtime booksigning for TWO of
      our new favorite Southern mystery writers: Carolyn Haines and "Splintered
      Bones" and Mary Kay Andrews and "Savannah Blues."

      Thomas Upchurch
      Capitol Book & News Company
      Voice 334-265-1473