FW: Alabama Writers (2/28/02; 5/2/02-5/4/02)

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 7, 2002
      fyi...aj wright // ajwright@...

      -----Original Message-----
      From: Judy Wilson [mailto:jwilson@...]
      Sent: Friday, February 01, 2002 2:28 PM
      To: cfp@...
      Subject: CFP: Alabama Writers (2/28/02; 5/2/02-5/4/02)

      What: Fifth Annual Alabama Writers Symposium

      Title: Alabama Double Takes: A Heritage Explored

      Where: Monroeville, Alabama -- "The Literary Capital of Alabama"

      When: May 2-4, 2002

      Paper Topics: We welcome proposals for papers on any aspect of Alabama
      literature and are particularly interested in papers that address this
      year's symposium theme, "Alabama Double Takes," regarding the juxtaposition
      of past and present, fact and fiction in contemporary Alabama writings. Our
      focus targets such literary types as the memoir, oral biography, the
      nonfiction novel, and historiography.

      Send Abstracts: Dr. Judy Wilson, Director, Alabama Center for Literary
      Arts, P.O. Box 2000, Monroeville, AL 36461. Deadline extended to February
      28, 2002. For more information, contact Dr. Judy Wilson at 251-575-3156,
      ext 226 or via e-mail at jwilson@....

      Full Information at
      http://www.english.upenn.edu/CFP/
      or write Erika Lin: elin@...