Welcome New Members...

  • AJ Wright
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 22, 1999
      We've had several new people sign on to the list over the weekend, bringing
      our little alabamahistory family to a nice round 50....new members, feel free
      to introduce yourselves and describe your Alabama history interests if you
      wish...and don't be alarmed if the list is quiet...we seem to go in fits and
      spurts here...aj wright // moderator
    • Rachel
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 22, 1999
        I am Rachel from Gadsden. We are currently living in Georgia. My husband is
        in the Army and we are stationed at Ft. Stewart which is about 40 miles
        from Savannah. I attend Armstrong Atlantic State University in Savannah
        and have a 2 sons, Taylor is 4 and Tanner is 10 months. Is there anybody
        else from Gadsden on the list?
        Rachel
      • MEDS002@xxxxxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 23, 1999
          Hello, Rachel, and welcome to the list...I was born in Gadsden but we moved to
          Huntsville before I turned two years old...used to go back to Gadsden several
          times a year though until my grandmother died just over two years ago...too
          bad about the recent Goodyear layoff announcement...will really hurt the area..
          ...aj wright // alabamahistory moderator
        • Rachel
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 23, 1999
            At 01:20 PM 2/23/99 -0500, you wrote:
            >From: MEDS002@...
            >
            >Hello, Rachel, and welcome to the list...I was born in Gadsden but we
            moved to
            >Huntsville before I turned two years old...used to go back to Gadsden several
            >times a year though until my grandmother died just over two years ago...too
            >bad about the recent Goodyear layoff announcement...will really hurt the
            area..
            >...aj wright // alabamahistory moderator

            Thanks
            I heard about the layoff. I know a few people that worked there. Hopefully
            everything will turn out ok.

            Rachel Firestone
            ***Updated*** 1/10/99 Please visit our web site!!

            http://members.tripod.com/~Rachel_F/index.htm

            Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide
            forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body.
            Elizabeth Stone