FW: BIG News! [from Capitol Book; new book by Mary Ward Brown]

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 6, 2001

      From: Capitol Book [mailto:tmu@...]
      Sent: Thursday, December 06, 2001 10:07 AM
      To: Capitol Book E-Letter List
      Subject: BIG News!

      The Capitol Book Newsletter
      Thursday December 6, 2001

      We would send you a newsletter on consecutive days ONLY if there were some
      REALLY BIG
      news we thought (some of) you just would need to know RIGHT NOW!

      And there is.....yesterday, just before closing time, UPS showed up at our
      door with
      three boxes of a book we've waited a long, long time to see (since 1986),
      but really
      did not expect to have in the store until next year.

      The book is "IT WASN'T ALL DANCING (AND OTHER STORIES)," by our friend, and
      one of
      Alabama's finest short story writers, MARY WARD BROWN, whom we now forgive
      for making
      us wait 15 years to read this second collection of stories. (The first one,
      "TONGUES
      OF FLAME," is also now available, in a new paperback edition, for $16.95.)

      The new one's only in hard cover, at $24.95, and we've got plenty of them in
      the
      store. A wonderful, wonderful Christmas surprise!

      Thomas Upchurch
      Capitol Book & News Company
      334-265-1473 Voice
      http://www.capitolbook.com