FW: Hoole Library Sponsors Film and Lecture

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 4, 2001

      From: Jessica Lacher-Feldman [mailto:jlfeldma@...]
      Sent: Wednesday, October 03, 2001 11:18 AM
      To: sala-l@...
      Subject: Hoole Library Sponsors Film and Lecture

      The W.S. Hoole Special Collections Library will sponsor the film, "The
      Bad Seed," (1956) at the Bama Theater, October 11-16, 2001. The original
      story for the Bad Seed was written by William March. Born in Mobile,
      March (né William Edward Campbell) studied law at the University of
      Alabama and is buried in Tuscaloosa. Writer and critic Alistair Cooke
      described March as "the unrecognized genius of our
      time."

      There will be a opening reception and lecture prior to the screening of
      the film on Thursday October 11, 2001 at 6:30 pm at the Bama Theater.
      Dr. Philip Beidler from the University of Alabama's Department of
      English will speak on March and his place in American Literature. Dr.
      Beidler wrote the introduction to the 1989 University of Alabama edition
      of Company K, perhaps March's first novel and perhaps most critically
      acclaimed work.

      An exhibition of materials from the William March Campbell Papers will
      be on display at the W.S. Hoole Special Collections Library beginning
      October 11, 2001, through December 21, 2001. The exhibit will include
      artifacts from his service in World War I, as well as original
      manuscripts and source materials for his writing and published materials
      from the Hoole Library.

      In addition, an exhibition of World War I era American Patriotic Sheet
      Music will be shown the lobby of the Hoole Library from
      October 11, 2001, through December 21, 2001. This exhibit is curated by
      Jessica Lacher-Feldman from the Hoole Library and Daniel Goldmark from
      the University of Alabama School of Music.

      For more information, please call the Hoole Library at (205) 348-0500 or
      email at jlfeldma@...

      --
      Jessica Lacher-Feldman, MA, MLS
      Public & Outreach Services Coordinator/Instructor