FW: New biography on Senator Howell Heflin out

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 2, 2001
      fyi...aj wright // ajwright@...

      Suzanne La Rosa
      <suzanne@newsouth New biography on Senator Howell
      books.com> Heflin out

      09/28/01 10:52 AM
      Please respond to
      Suzanne La Rosa

      Would kindly share news of an important book that NewSouth has just
      published, a biography on the life and career of Senator Howell Heflin.

      A Judge in the Senate: Howell Heflin's Career of Politics and Principle is
      the only work available on Senator Heflin, arguably Alabama's most
      influential living politician. The book has garnered much fine praise
      already.

      Senator Ted Kennedy calls the book "required reading for all citizens who
      believe that one person can make a difference."

      NewSouth is in the process of setting up a number of receptions in honor of
      the Senator on the occasion of the publication of the book. The first will
      be held at Birmingham-Southern on October 4 and another at the U of Alabama
      Law School of October 9. Both will be following by Books-a-Million
      signings. Not surprisingly, we expect a fair amount of press on the Senator
      and the book.

      I attach a copy of our press release for those who may be interested. The
      book is hardcover, 480 pages with b/w photos, and retails for $28.95. It
      may be ordered through Ingram or Baker & Taylor or directly from NewSouth,
      Inc. at 334-834-3556.

      Thank you for passing this along.

      All best,
      Suzanne La Rosa