Re: [alabamahistory] Fort Shippe, Ala.

  • Mark Palmer
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 30, 2001
      Thanks, Steve, I'll try that.
    • Steve Murray
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 30, 2001
        Nothing in Foscue's _Place Names_ either, but I got a few hits on the USGS
        search engine
        <http://geonames.usgs.gov/pls/gnis/web_query.gnis_web_query_form> when I
        used the wildcard "Ship%" in the Feature Name field, selected Alabama, and
        left other fields blank. Results are for features other than a fort, but
        they might lead you somewhere.

        Steve Murray