Submission Guidelines: USADeepSouth.com

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 17, 2001

      >From Beth Boswell Jacks:

      Introducing a new Southern ezine: http://www.usadeepsouth.com

      USADeepSouth Submission Guidelines:

      USADeepSouth is interested in topics that are about, yes, the Deep
      South--featuring writers and writing about Mississippi, Alabama,
      Georgia, and Tennessee (but not completely limited to those states) and
      all things Southern. Writers do not have to be from the South, but the
      topic must be Southern.

      These topics can include, but are not limited to: travel, food,
      interesting people, art, music, crafts, literature, Southern-Speak,
      links, memoirs, humor, short stories, and more. Anything Southern is a

      An article should be approximately 300-800 words in length, plain text
      in the body of your e-mail message. No attachments please.

      We would also like to see poetry with Southern themes. At present there
      is not a poetry section on USADeepSouth.com, but space will be available
      soon. Poetry should be no longer than forty (40) lines, please.

      We will provide a highlighted introduction to your article/story/poem on
      the home page, and will post your bio and links. There's no monetary
      payment at this time for submitted work--only exposure to appreciative

      By submitting your article, you agree that we reserve the right to edit
      all article submissions for spelling and grammar, and to make minor
      revisions if necessary. Upon submission, you confirm that it is your
      work and that you are the legal copyright holder of the submitted work.

      By submitting your work, you give http://www.usadeepsouth.com a
      non-exclusive, revocable right to electronically publish your work. You
      retain all copyrights to your work and may request that your article be
      removed from our site at any time.

      To submit, send your article in the body of your e-mail. No attachments
      please. Please put 'Submission/USADeepSouth' in the subject line.

      Send submissions to the editor at: bethjacks@... and don't
      forget to include your full (pen) name, e-mail address, credentials, and

      We hope to work with you soon. Thanks so much.

      Beth Boswell Jacks
      Content Editor