Re: 4 Feb in Alabama History...

  • Max Shores
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 4, 1999
      In my haste I jumped ahead one week. "The Lowndes County Freedom
      Organization" will air next week on The Alabama Experience. Tonight's
      program is:

      A Voice of Justice and Reason: Buford Boone's Tuscaloosa News -- 8:00-8:30
      p.m., Thursday, Feb. 4 and 1:30-2:00 p.m., Sunday, Feb. 7

      Buford Boone's controversial editorials in the Tuscaloosa News ostracized
      him from many townspeople but won him the Pulitzer Prize in 1957. His
      courageous calls for law and order branded him as an integrationist, but he
      wouldn't back down to the Klan or the White Citizen's Council. A
      fascinating story about a community newspaper speaking out against local
      popular opinion and in support of the court ordered integration of the
      University of Alabama in 1956. An online study guide is available for this
      program at http://www.alabamatv.org

      Max Shores
      max@...

    • MEDS002@xxxxxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 5, 1999
        Max -[and any others?] care to remind subscribers each week about the upcoming
        Alabama Experience shows?? --aj wright
      • Max Shores
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 5, 1999
          At 10:12 AM 2/5/99 -0500, you wrote:
          >From: MEDS002@...
          >Max -[and any others?] care to remind subscribers each week about the
          upcoming
          >Alabama Experience shows?? --aj wright

          Sure, I'd be happy to do that.

          Now if I can just keep up with the current date. I apologize for the
          incorrect information I posted recently about The Alabama Experience. I
          just looked at the wrong date on my calendar. It had been a long day...

          Max Shores
          max@...
          http://www.alabamainfo.com