Re: 4 Feb in Alabama History...

  • Della H. Darby
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 4, 1999
      At 04:03 PM 2/4/99 -0600, you wrote:
      >From: Max Shores <max@...>
      >
      >At 01:26 PM 2/4/99 -0500, you wrote:
      >>From: AJ Wright <MEDS002@...>
      >>
      >>....Feb 4, 1861: Confederate States are organized at Montgomery, Alabama...
      >>
      >>anyone know what's on APTV's "The Alabama Experience" tonight at 8PM CST? I
      >>forgot to check...whatever the topic, the show repeats on Sundays at 1:30
      >>aj wright // alabamahistory moderator
      >
      >Tonight on The Alabama Experience:
      >The Lowndes County Freedom Organization -- 8:00-8:30 p.m., Thursday, Feb.
      >11 and 1:30-2:00 p.m., Sunday, Feb. 14
      >
      >http://www.alabamatv.org
      >
      >Max Shores
      >max@...

      In the APT Viewer guide, it lists _A Voice of Justice and Reason: Buford
      Boone's Tuscaloosa News_

      Della
    • Max Shores
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 4, 1999
        In my haste I jumped ahead one week. "The Lowndes County Freedom
        Organization" will air next week on The Alabama Experience. Tonight's
        program is:

        A Voice of Justice and Reason: Buford Boone's Tuscaloosa News -- 8:00-8:30
        p.m., Thursday, Feb. 4 and 1:30-2:00 p.m., Sunday, Feb. 7

        Buford Boone's controversial editorials in the Tuscaloosa News ostracized
        him from many townspeople but won him the Pulitzer Prize in 1957. His
        courageous calls for law and order branded him as an integrationist, but he
        wouldn't back down to the Klan or the White Citizen's Council. A
        fascinating story about a community newspaper speaking out against local
        popular opinion and in support of the court ordered integration of the
        University of Alabama in 1956. An online study guide is available for this
        program at http://www.alabamatv.org

        Max Shores
        max@...

      • MEDS002@xxxxxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 5, 1999
          Max -[and any others?] care to remind subscribers each week about the upcoming
          Alabama Experience shows?? --aj wright
        • Max Shores
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 5, 1999
            At 10:12 AM 2/5/99 -0500, you wrote:
            >From: MEDS002@...
            >Max -[and any others?] care to remind subscribers each week about the
            upcoming
            >Alabama Experience shows?? --aj wright

            Sure, I'd be happy to do that.

            Now if I can just keep up with the current date. I apologize for the
            incorrect information I posted recently about The Alabama Experience. I
            just looked at the wrong date on my calendar. It had been a long day...

            Max Shores
            max@...
            http://www.alabamainfo.com