Re: 4 Feb in Alabama History...

  • Max Shores
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 4, 1999
      At 01:26 PM 2/4/99 -0500, you wrote:
      >From: AJ Wright <MEDS002@...>
      >
      >....Feb 4, 1861: Confederate States are organized at Montgomery, Alabama...
      >
      >anyone know what's on APTV's "The Alabama Experience" tonight at 8PM CST? I
      >forgot to check...whatever the topic, the show repeats on Sundays at 1:30 PM
      >CST....
      >
      >aj wright // alabamahistory moderator

      Tonight on The Alabama Experience:
      The Lowndes County Freedom Organization -- 8:00-8:30 p.m., Thursday, Feb.
      11 and 1:30-2:00 p.m., Sunday, Feb. 14

      Remembering the efforts of the Student Non-Violent Coordinating Committee
      in rural Lowndes County, Ala., a forgotten outpost in the civil rights
      struggle. Here the demand for the vote was answered with assassin's bullets
      and shotgun blasts. But the determined campaign for civil rights persisted
      and eventually gave birth to the Black Panther party. An online study guide
      is available for this program.

      For more information, visit:

      http://www.alabamatv.org

      Max Shores
      max@...

      http://www.alabamainfo.com
    • Della H. Darby
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 4, 1999
        At 04:03 PM 2/4/99 -0600, you wrote:
        >From: Max Shores <max@...>
        >
        >At 01:26 PM 2/4/99 -0500, you wrote:
        >>From: AJ Wright <MEDS002@...>
        >>
        >>....Feb 4, 1861: Confederate States are organized at Montgomery, Alabama...
        >>
        >>anyone know what's on APTV's "The Alabama Experience" tonight at 8PM CST? I
        >>forgot to check...whatever the topic, the show repeats on Sundays at 1:30
        >>aj wright // alabamahistory moderator
        >
        >Tonight on The Alabama Experience:
        >The Lowndes County Freedom Organization -- 8:00-8:30 p.m., Thursday, Feb.
        >11 and 1:30-2:00 p.m., Sunday, Feb. 14
        >
        >http://www.alabamatv.org
        >
        >Max Shores
        >max@...

        In the APT Viewer guide, it lists _A Voice of Justice and Reason: Buford
        Boone's Tuscaloosa News_

        Della
      • Max Shores
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 4, 1999
          In my haste I jumped ahead one week. "The Lowndes County Freedom
          Organization" will air next week on The Alabama Experience. Tonight's
          program is:

          A Voice of Justice and Reason: Buford Boone's Tuscaloosa News -- 8:00-8:30
          p.m., Thursday, Feb. 4 and 1:30-2:00 p.m., Sunday, Feb. 7

          Buford Boone's controversial editorials in the Tuscaloosa News ostracized
          him from many townspeople but won him the Pulitzer Prize in 1957. His
          courageous calls for law and order branded him as an integrationist, but he
          wouldn't back down to the Klan or the White Citizen's Council. A
          fascinating story about a community newspaper speaking out against local
          popular opinion and in support of the court ordered integration of the
          University of Alabama in 1956. An online study guide is available for this
          program at http://www.alabamatv.org

          Max Shores
          max@...

        • MEDS002@xxxxxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 5, 1999
            Max -[and any others?] care to remind subscribers each week about the upcoming
            Alabama Experience shows?? --aj wright
          • Max Shores
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 5, 1999
              At 10:12 AM 2/5/99 -0500, you wrote:
              >From: MEDS002@...
              >Max -[and any others?] care to remind subscribers each week about the
              upcoming
              >Alabama Experience shows?? --aj wright

              Sure, I'd be happy to do that.

              Now if I can just keep up with the current date. I apologize for the
              incorrect information I posted recently about The Alabama Experience. I
              just looked at the wrong date on my calendar. It had been a long day...

              Max Shores
              max@...
              http://www.alabamainfo.com