FW: Judy Oliver Hits a Home Run [new bk by Montgomery author Oliv er]

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 7, 2001

      From: Capitol Book [mailto:capitolbook@...]
      Sent: Thursday, June 07, 2001 10:59 AM
      To: Capitol Book E-Letter List
      Subject: Judy Oliver Hits a Home Run

      The Capitol Book E-Letter
      Thursday June 7, 2001

      YOU’RE INVITED!

      Montgomerian Judy Oliver’s new book “Music of Falling Water” has just been
      released by North Carolina publisher John F. Blair, and Judy will be here on
      SATURDAY JUNE 9 from 4:00-6:00 P.M. for a GALA BOOKSIGNING.

      Set in 1918 Alabama, it's about four sisters. One sister leaves home early,
      her absence the mystery that drives the story. The time moves back and
      forth between childhood and adult lives and the point of view from one
      sister to another, from a husband to a child. Our understanding of the
      story, and the people in it, changes, and grows.

      We loved it all: the characters, the story, the history, the humor, the
      romance and the little details in the corners of every page that made this
      book come to life.

      Lest there be any misunderstanding: This book is as good as anything you
      will read by Lee Smith or Kay Gibbons or Terry Kay, or whoever your favorite
      is. Judy moves into big leagues with this book, which is as fine as anything
      we've read in a long, long time. Our VERY, VERY HIGHEST RECOMMENDATION!!

      Yes, we know that Saturday afternoon in June may not be the most convenient
      time for all of you to come to a booksigning, and if we could remember why
      we scheduled it that way, we'd tell you. But this one will be worth the
      extra effort. We'll have plenty here to eat and drink, and of course the
      most interesting people in Montgomery always show up at these things. But
      the real reason to come is for the book, and to meet Judy, and we hope all
      of you will be here.

      If you’re unable to come, but would like a signed copy, just let us know,
      and we’ll be happy to take care of it for you.
      ($21.95 hardcover).

      Cheryl Upchurch
      Capitol Book & News Company
      334-265-1473 Voice