FW: [Southern_Scribe] StorySouth: new literary journal

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 5, 2001

      From: Joyce Dixon [mailto:joyce@...]
      Sent: Tuesday, June 05, 2001 4:39 AM
      To: Southern Scribe
      Subject: [Southern_Scribe] StorySouth: new literary journal

      From: Jason Sanford <storysouth@...>

      My name is Jason Sanford--I'm a fiction writer who was born and raised
      in Alabama. In addition to being a writer, I'm also the editor and
      publisher of a new online literary journal for southern writers called
      StorySouth (to see it, go to http://www.storysouth.com )

      We are in the process of putting together the first issue, which will be
      out for fall 2001. The journal will publish fiction, poetry, and
      creative nonfiction by new and more established southern writers. In
      addition, each issue will feature an essay and examination of the work
      of a writer who has had a large impact on recent southern writing.

      Call for fiction and creative nonfiction submissions.
      Deadline: July 15, 2001.
      Complete writers guidelines are available at http://www.storysouth.com
      Mail submissions to: storysouth@...

      This will not be some flash in the pan website. I have several years
      experience as an editor with a commercial book publisher distributed by
      Simon and Schuster. My stories have been published in the Mississippi
      Review, Beloit Fiction Journal, and elsewhere. And even though the
      poetry editor--Jake Adam York--teaches literature and writing at the
      University of Colorado, Denver, like me he was born and raised in the
      south. His poetry has appeared in many places including the Texas Review
      and the Southern Review.

      Sincerely,
      Jason Sanford
      storysouth@...

      10% off your first purchase at eVineyard! Find over 5,000
      premium wines; accessories, gifts, case discounts, live
      customer care, wine reviews, wine clubs, and more!
      (Expires 6/30)
      http://click.topica.com/caaaclrb1dgFYb1q5qUf/evineyard

      http://www.topica.com/lists/Southern_Scribe