FW: Alabamiana: New Book

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 10, 2001
      Suzanne La Rosa
      <suzanne@newsouth
      books.com>

      04/10/2001 10:25
      AM
      Please respond to
      Suzanne La Rosa

      Allow me to take a moment to share that NewSouth has just published Wings
      of Denial, a readable and moving account of Alabama's covert role in the
      Bay of Pigs invasion, timed to coincide with the 40th anniversary of that
      historic event happening this month on April 17th.

      Says Timothy Castle, Associate Professor at Air War College (Maxwell AFB):

      Historians Warren Trest (Montgomery) and Donald Dodd (Birmingham) provide
      remarkable new insight into one of America's most secret miliatary
      operations, the failed April 1961 Bay of Pigs invasion. Expertly written,
      using heretofore classified documents and interviews with the participants,
      the authors have crafted a well deserved and heartfelt testimony to the
      patriotism and bravery of the Alabama Air National Guardsmen who paid the
      ultimate price for their country."

      I would so appreciate it, Sue, if you could forward this on to your fellow
      librarians and to share that both authors are available for
      speaking/reading/signing events.

      Suzanne La Rosa
      Publisher
      NewSouth Book