RE: [alabamahistory] Scottsboro documentary

  • Kyes Stevens
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 5, 2001
      After finally getting to watch the taped copy of the Scottsboro
      documentary, I am bewildered by the lack of perspective from the black
      side. I thought the research hinged too much on the white experience and
      pespective. For instance, we know a great deal about the "Jew lawyer" from
      New York because that information is easier to find--but what about the
      accussed? A little more research would have provided a much more equal
      historically equal film.

      Having ranted properly on the soap-box, I would like to say that even
      though the film had some drawbacks, I thought it was a well-made film and I
      was completely engaged.

      Kyes Stevens