Jan 11 in Alabama history...

  • AJ Wright
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 12, 1999
      *1861: Alabama becomes fourth state to secede...

      *1863: Naval engagement near Galveston, Texas, between CSS Alabama and USS
      Hatteras....

      *1941: Singer Bobby Goldsboro born ...

      --a j wright <alabamahistory moderator>
    • Debbie Pendleton
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 12, 1999
        AJ's list of Jan. 11 events reminded me that I forgot to alert the list to the This Week in Alabama History events for January which can be found at http://www.archives.state.al.us/thisweek.shtml. The list members may also be interested in our inauguration feature at http://www.archives.state.al.us/whatsnew/inaug.html.

        Debbie Pendleton
        Assistant Director for Public Services
        Alabama Department of Archives and History
        PO Box 300100
        Montgomery, AL 36130
        dpendlet@...
        http://www.archives.state.al.us