Re: [alabamagenealogy] Chappell family

  • Faye Sanders
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 1, 2010
      Thank you! Yeah I have these picutres and know alot about my grandma Martha Carpenter(Chappell) but it's a real big mystery about her husband my grandfather Fred Chappell, no one seems to know anything and I can't find to much on him at all., except his moms name was maybe mary and he had a stepbother dalton dearmon, I'm really thinking he was born out of wedlock but not sure no way to prove it yet! so it's back to researching. Thank you and have a great day!  Faye Sanders (Chappell)

      From: Faye <fmsand58@yahoo. com>
      Subject: [alabamagenealogy] Chappell family
      To: alabamagenealogy@ yahoogroups. com
      Date: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 9:27 PM

      Hello, I'm searching for info on Fred Chappell born 1905 in Alabama, lived in the Spruce pine, Russellville, Phil campell areas he married Martha Carpenter they had 8 boys. he was my grandfather, I live in ohio, my father came here from alabama for work in 1957. I have hit a wall on this and and help would really be great!

    • sheila
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 1, 2010
        What is your DAD's name? Mother? Usually easier to start there

         IN GOD    WE TRUST
        GOD BLESS America
        God Bless you & yours
          SheilaJesus Fish

        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 1, 2010
          My Dad's name is jackie f chappell, the rumor is that his father fred chappell's records got burned in a fire. fred had 8 boys but when questioned all i get is that's a good question! I do know they had a really ruff life as children and fred wasn't around much and thier mother Nancy Carpenter (chappell) died at an early age so the boys got seperated. I have been told Fred traveled alot up north. But anyway thank you for your help,He is the only grandparent that I just can't get any further with. But gonna keep trying!   Have a great day!  Faye

          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 1, 2010
            I have attached a list, since I have little info provided for Fred. Was he military? check B/D dates & state, of which I know none. I thought you said his wife's name was "Martha"???
             Anyway, a few details, dates/places/etc. would help a great deal.
            See if any of these ring a bell & let me know some details

             IN GOD    WE TRUST
            GOD BLESS America
            God Bless you & yours
              SheilaJesus Fish