Mississippi Death Certificates

  • Melissa Hogan
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2009
      All,

      This came up in the Bibb County and I realized I had not shared this information with all of you.

      If you are interested in obtaining Mississippi Death Certificates, check out Suzette Cook's "frugal map":

      http://alabamadeath.tripod.com/frugalmap/index.htm

      I used Linda Rudd in Mississippi about a month ago to pull a photocopy of a Mississippi Death Certificate at the Mississippi State Archives.  She was very friendly, great service and fast service.  And the fee is reasonable if you need to pull a few copies.

      I did find out from Bobby Joe Seales that the Shelby County Archives in Columbiana, Alabama, has a copy of the index to the Mississippi Death Certificates (1912-1943).  So if you live in Shelby County or close, you can check the index prior to requesting the certificate from Linda or driving to the archives yourself ... although Linda will look up for you in the index at the Archives without charge.

      Mississippi State Archive website link
      http://mdah.state.ms.us/arrec/gen_research.php#birth

      Hope this helps!

      Melissa