Re: John Wesley Morris1839-1896

  • wigrits
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 6, 2008

      I did a paid subscription for a month and still didn't come up with anything.  I appreciate your suggestion!

      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 6, 2008

        Sorry, but so far, I haven't come up with any Walkers.  All I know other than what I posted below is that his father was listed as Elijah on a couple of family trees I ran across on Ancestry.com.  I think mine was a minister.  I have found another John Wesley Morris that was a minister, but he wasn't my J.W. Morris.  I've hit the brick wall.

        --- In alabamagenealogy@yahoogroups.com, "maggymae38" <maggycal@...> wrote:

        > --- In alabamagenealogy@yahoogroups.com, "wigrits" wigrits@
        > wrote:
        > >This may be a long shot, but do you have any Walkers in your
        > lineage? The reason I am asking is because there is a John Wesley
        > Walker in my line. He was my gggrandfathers son. I know in those
        > times they used the names in later births. Hope you find your John
        > Wesley and you can help me in my serch, Regards Maggy
        >

        > > I am researching John Wesley Morris born in New York in abt 1839.
        > > Father was from Canada and mother was from Georgia. Her folks were
        > > also from Georgia. He married Fannie M. Wright probably in about
        > > 1860 in an unknown location. Fannie was from Athens, Georgia. Her
        > > mother was Martha M. Park and her father is unknown to me. John W.
        > > and Fannie resided in Moss Point, Mississippi in 1880 where he was
        > > Saw Mill Proprietor. Known children of this couple were Edmond
        > > David, Anna M., Lorin, Mary, John and Lillie.
        > >
        > > The reason I am contacting this Alabama group is that I believe
        > John
        > > Wesley Morris may have resided in Mobile, Alabama in 1860. I have
        > no
        > > real proof, but Fannie and John have been married in Alabama. I
        > > believe that John W. Morris may have died in Mobile, as well. I am
        > > wondering if anyone else might have a connection to this family or
        > > might know of a cemetery in that area where I might find out where
        > he
        > > was buried. I really don't know what the connection is to Alabama
        > > for this family, but, there does seem to be one.
        > >
        > > Thanks in advance for your time and consideration of my posting!

      • lynn
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 6, 2008
          I found john wesley's wife fannie(age 15) in clark co georgia with mother martha 1860  havent been able to find jw morris yet but am still checking ancestry.com and familysearch.org

          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 6, 2008
            rootsweb has a contributor dolfinaqua@... with this family
            good luck

            Sorry, but so far, I haven't come up with any Walkers.  All I know other than what I posted below is that his father was listed as Elijah on a couple of family trees I ran across on Ancestry.com.  I think mine was a minister.  I have found another John Wesley Morris that was a minister, but he wasn't my J.W. Morris.  I've hit the brick wall.

            --- In alabamagenealogy@yahoogroups.com, "maggymae38" <maggycal@...> wrote:

            > --- In alabamagenealogy@yahoogroups.com, "wigrits" wigrits@
            > wrote:
            > >This may be a long shot, but do you have any Walkers in your
            > lineage? The reason I am asking is because there is a John Wesley
            > Walker in my line. He was my gggrandfathers son. I know in those
            > times they used the names in later births. Hope you find your John
            > Wesley and you can help me in my serch, Regards Maggy
            >

            > > I am researching John Wesley Morris born in New York in abt 1839.
            > > Father was from Canada and mother was from Georgia. Her folks were
            > > also from Georgia. He married Fannie M. Wright probably in about
            > > 1860 in an unknown location. Fannie was from Athens, Georgia. Her
            > > mother was Martha M. Park and her father is unknown to me. John W.
            > > and Fannie resided in Moss Point, Mississippi in 1880 where he was
            > > Saw Mill Proprietor. Known children of this couple were Edmond
            > > David, Anna M., Lorin, Mary, John and Lillie.
            > >
            > > The reason I am contacting this Alabama group is that I believe
            > John
            > > Wesley Morris may have resided in Mobile, Alabama in 1860. I have
            > no
            > > real proof, but Fannie and John have been married in Alabama. I
            > > believe that John W. Morris may have died in Mobile, as well. I am
            > > wondering if anyone else might have a connection to this family or
            > > might know of a cemetery in that area where I might find out where
            > he
            > > was buried. I really don't know what the connection is to Alabama
            > > for this family, but, there does seem to be one.
            > >
            > > Thanks in advance for your time and consideration of my posting!

          • bfireball920
            Message 5 of 8 , May 7, 2011
              I think that he and his wife are in Live Oak Cemetary in Crenshaw County, Alabama. I am a John Edward Morris descendant. He died in Mobile. The Morris family from GA cam to Crenshaw, Lowndes, Sumpter, Choctaw and Washington counties in AL. Some went to Mississippi, Louisianna and Texas. Others moved to Escambia and Santa Rosa counties in Florida. I hope this helps. My John Edward Morris and wife Ella Queen Hartley Morris are buried next to my grandmother and great grandparents in Wolfe Ridge Cemetary in Mobile off of Moffet Road.

              Elisha in Fairhope, Alabama