Roll Call

  • Back2rRoots@aol.com
    Message 1 of 47 , Jan 1, 2008

      Happy New Year Fellow Researchers,

      It is that time of year again roll call. For those new to the various groups every year I try to send out a message requesting a roll call from researchers of all the surnames and locations being researched. This way people have the opportunity to make contact with others researching the same surnames. Although we all post messages sometimes it much easier to do the roll call in case we miss someone out there researching the same information. I know in the past the roll calls have brought many people together who found out they are tracing the same lines and are relatives. Best wishes in the new year. I hope we all find new clues into our histories.

      Tara Gandy-Sanford

      Georgia:

      Bagby, Carroll, Cunningham, George, Greshem/Gresham, Strickland, Jones, Jones, Jones (3 different sets), Trimble, Williams, Weaver

      South Carolina:

      Gandy, Nix, James, Johnson, Sanders, Brown

      Alabama:

      Parker

      Tara Gandy Sanford

    • Steve
      Message 47 of 47 , Jan 8, 2008
        Karen, that second link is to material posted by JoAnne Sizer. Her e-
        mail address is posted there and I would suggest contacting her. She
        probably knows about Sasser.

        --- In alabamagenealogy@yahoogroups.com, Karen Daniel
        <kdaniel4426@...> wrote:

        > Yes the links were helpful. I am curious about the Bonner D.
        Sasser listed as recording these records. Do you know of a way to
        contact this person?
        > Several names match with information I already have but dates
        always seem to get a little confusing.
        > It has been fun discussing all this with you. I guess we could
        all keep going and get ourselves all the way back to Adam and Eve.
        Sure you must love living in Colorado. I have alway said if I should
        pick a state other than Alabama to live in it would surely be
        Colorado. Everytime I have been there I fall in love with it again
        and again.
        > Have a blessed week. Karen
        >
        > Steve <nich_steve@...> wrote:
        > No problem. I just wanted to be able to give the best
        info I could
        > so wasn't sure about the dates.
        >
        > William Nelson of Laurens Co SC was my 5th or 6th grt-grandfather
        (I
        > lose track of counting all the generations). He is the farthest
        back
        > I've gotten on that lineage. No one seems to know who his wife was
        > although we have pretty good info on succeeding generations. His
        > daughter, Elizabeth Nelson is my direct lineage.
        >
        > How cool that is to be where family have been for so many
        > generations. I went to NC to a reunion last summer and saw places
        my
        > Nichols ancestors had been since the mid-1700's. I live in
        Colorado,
        > but was raised in Texas. Most of my ancestral lines ended up in
        > Texas after the War, although I don't think I have a record of any
        > Nelsons. I think there were some Nelsons that married some related
        > Nichols in Texas but I don't know where they were from.
        >
        > Did those links help any? Let me know what you find or if I can be
        > of more help. Steve

        Try it now.