Alabama Archives items of interest/Second Alabama Hospital, Richmond, VA

  • Melissa Hogan
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 4, 2007
      While looking for information on the 2nd Alabama Hospital in Richmond during the Civil War, I ran across this "teacher packet" put together by the Alabama Archives.

      http://www.archives.state.al.us/teacher/civilwar/civ2.html

      Scroll down to the bottom under "Document" - each are linked to images... the last ones I found the most interesting... Document 8 containing several pages of all the soldiers who died at Alabama Hospitals 1, 2 & 3 in Richmond.  The last pages gives the number of wounded and number of deaths by hospital.  They are arranged in Date order and contain the name, unit and death date of the soldier.

      One word of warning... I was not able to enlarge the images very much, but they are readable.  I hope you find these as interesting as I did.

      Melissa