The goal of aksharaslokam is to learn, memorize, recite, share and understad great slokams - verses of four lines written in one of the many Sanskrit meters.
It is used as a competition - A player recites a slokam, the next player recites another one starting with the first letter of the second half of the previous slokam, and so on. If that letter is not a vowel, you should start with the first consonant sound of that letter.
In this group, we share good slokams, so that Aksharaslokam scholars as well as any one who likes Malayalam/Sanskrit poems will benefit.
We'll try our best to get the contents available to everyone by publishing it in PDF or Unicode ultimately. However, it is recommnded you have a yahoo ID, so that you can access the files in the Files section. At present, the following files are available:
- esfull.pdf : A virtual aksharaslokasadass.
This document is available in parts also. Check the archive page.
- log.pdf : A log of main activities in the group related to slokams. It contains all the slokams posted in the group.
- intros.pdf : Introductions from members.
- mukthakamaala : A collection of slokams - compiled by Umesh Nair.
Please check the links page for all documents.
- Nov 10, 2004
- This is a restricted group.
- Attachments are permitted.
- Members can hide email address.
- Listed in Yahoo Groups directory.
- Membership requires approval.
- Messages are not moderated.
- All members can post messages.