Re: [akfairtax] Wheres Alaska??????

  • kevin rynolds
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 18 6:38 PM
      i will help kevin
      ----- Original Message -----
      Sent: Monday, July 18, 2005 6:02 AM
      Subject: FW: [akfairtax] Wheres Alaska??????

      If anyone can help here it would be very helpful and is critical to our success. Please let Genie know if you can spare at least 15-20 minutes to contact at least one or two critical state reps. I’ve got my hands full with other states right now and need someone locally.

      Warren Thomas

      AFFT Regional Director

      (Volunteer)

      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 1, 2005

        Kevin,

        Where in AK do you live?

        You and I are it.  If we can divide the labor, we can get someplace with this, maybe.

        I have been ill, still am with a sinus infection, so my effectiveness is . . . inconsistent right now.

        Best regards,

        Larry Wood,

        Tel.:  746-4981

        Palmer, Alaska

        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 1, 2005
          Thanks guys for your efforts. Below is the email I sent to all state House & Senate members. I took the time to send to each individually. It's been about 5 days & so far no responses. I'm going to follow thru with some phone calls. I am also going to make a trip to the Legislative Liaison building on 4th Ave. I'll have to talk to aids because they are the ones that screen emails. Most of the legislators have other priorities, not interested or too lazy to become educated on the FairTax or maybe all 3. So it will be necessary to be persistant. I have sent emails to Ted, Lisa & Don & I have names & email addresses on their aids that advise on tax matters. If you guys would like to have lunch & talk about coordinating our efforts, let me know. I also solicit your suggestions on how to increase interest & our data base addresses. Cordially, Wiley

          Dear Representative :

          I am writing you as a Grass Roots Supporter of FairTax.org or Americans For Fair Taxation (AFFT), a 501c4 organization dedicated to the passage of HR25 and S25. With over 600,000 members and over 5 million connected folks in supporting organizations, it could be called of the most powerful grassroots tax lobbying group in the country today.

          The Bills are HR25 (in the House) and S25 (in the Senate) commonly referred to as the “Fair Tax”. Alaska Don Young has already signed on as a co-sponsor of HR25. Congressman Young understands that our present tax system on earnings is broken and cannot be fixed. I urge you as an elected leader at the State level to encourage him to continue his efforts and also encourage our 2 U. S. Senators to join the efforts to bring true tax reform. This should be a bi-partisan effort. All income levels will be beneficiaries. Alaskan produced goods will become much more competitive in the world market resulting in a tremendous boost to our economy...

          I am asking you to sign an open letter to the President, the Congress, the Treasury, the President’s Advisory Panel on Federal Tax Reform and the American people. The letter and a list of signers will be posted at FairTax.org.  The letter (attached) is not an endorsement, but a request for a full and fair evaluation of the proposal in consideration of the positive impact research has shown will result to the states and the American economy in general. The signed letter can be faxed to me at 522-2052. I have also attached valuable information to better understand the FairTax.

          I thank you for your careful consideration and I will be happy to answer any questions you have on this most important matter. My phone number is (907) 522-2484.

           Sincerely,

          Wiley Brooks

          Alaska Director

          Americans for Fair Taxation

          2525 Blueberry Rd., Suite 204

          Anchorage, AK 99503

          Phone: 522-2484

          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 3, 2005

            Wiley,

            I think I met you at the Republican State Convention last May in Soldotna.

            I would like to meet with you and discuss the situation.  Lunch sounds like a good idea.

            I am not able to do so until next week, though.  Any day then will be good.

            Larry Wood,

            907-746-4981, 4983 / Fax: 907-746-4980

            Palmer, Alaska