How to prevent a script from being loaded more than once.

  • markjanveaux
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 13, 2010
      Hello,

      We've recently integrated Ajile into a project and so far it works great. One of the things we were hoping we would be able to do would be to use it to prevent the loading of JS which has already previously been loaded.

      Does Import or Load already understand and keep track of which scripts have already been loaded?
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 4, 2011
        Hi Mark,

        Sorry for the very delayed response, 2010 was a very busy year.

        Ajile keeps track of previous Import[As]'s and Include's but not Loads. That said, the end-user's browser should by default cache Loaded scripts so that additional server requests won't be made if the script is Loaded more than once.

        -Michael