Ajile and FF 3?

  • trevor_s_harrison
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 7, 2008
      I just tried my webapp that uses Ajile under FF3 beta 2, and got js
      errors when trying to access a package... ie:

      Namespace("com.domain.project");

      com.domain.project.MyObject = function()
      {
      };

      gives me a

      "com is not defined" error.
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 9, 2008
        Hey Trevor,
        Thanks for the heads up.

        Not sure why Namespace wouldn't work with FF3. Namespace uses basic
        JavaScript to created object-based namespacing and should work.

        I'll definitely look into this and get back to you.

        -Mike

        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 9, 2008
          Okay Trevor,
          I guess you must be seeing the problem you reported but I'm gonna have
          to say something must be off with your environment.

          I've successfully tested Ajile 1.2.1 with Firefox 3 Beta 3 on both
          Windows XP and Mac OS X and the Examples page on ajile.iskitz.com is
          fully functional on both platforms.

          If you're using Ajile as released, meaning you haven't renamed or
          changed any of its internals you really shouldn't see any problem.

          Does http://ajile.iskitz.com/examples/Examples.htm work for you in FF 3?

          Any more details you can offer?

          Mike

          --- In ajile@yahoogroups.com, "iskitzdev" <iskitzdev@...> wrote:

          > Hey Trevor,
          > Thanks for the heads up.
          >
          > Not sure why Namespace wouldn't work with FF3. Namespace uses basic
          > JavaScript to created object-based namespacing and should work.
          >
          > I'll definitely look into this and get back to you.
          >
          > -Mike
          >
          > --- In ajile@yahoogroups.com, "trevor_s_harrison" <trevor@> wrote:
          > >
          > > I just tried my webapp that uses Ajile under FF3 beta 2, and got js
          > > errors when trying to access a package... ie:
          > >
          > > Namespace("com.domain.project");
          > >
          > > com.domain.project.MyObject = function()
          > > {
          > > };
          > >
          > > gives me a
          > >
          > > "com is not defined" error.

        • trevor_s_harrison
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 10, 2008
            --- In ajile@yahoogroups.com, "iskitzdev" <iskitzdev@...> wrote:

            > Okay Trevor,
            > I guess you must be seeing the problem you reported but I'm gonna have
            > to say something must be off with your environment.
            >
            > I've successfully tested Ajile 1.2.1 with Firefox 3 Beta 3 on both
            > Windows XP and Mac OS X and the Examples page on ajile.iskitz.com is
            > fully functional on both platforms.
            >
            > If you're using Ajile as released, meaning you haven't renamed or
            > changed any of its internals you really shouldn't see any problem.
            >
            > Does http://ajile.iskitz.com/examples/Examples.htm work for you in FF 3?

            It fails. I think the next step is for me to update to beta 3 and try
            again.

            -Trevor
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 10, 2008
              Hi Trevor,
              Definitely upgrade to Firefox 3 Beta 3.

              You're right about Firefox 3 Beta 2. I did some investigation and it
              appears that Firefox/3.0b2 exposes a native Namespace function.

              Mozilla's Developer site makes no mention of this native Namespace
              function and neither does JavaScript 1.8 which is included in FF 3 so
              I don't believe it's an official function meant to be exposed via
              client-side Javascript. The fact that the function is no longer
              exposed in Firefox 3 Beta 3 seems to confirm that.

              Anyway, thanks a lot for reporting this. It's a great justification
              for a new feature I'm working on that will make it easy to customize
              Ajile for environments where it's default API may find conflicts such
              as you did with Firefox 3 Beta 2.

              Please let me know if you're able to use Ajile with your webapp in
              Firefox 3 Beta 3. As far as I can see, you should be good to go with
              the Beta 3 version :-)

              Best of luck!