Possible bug with Ajile.Unload, regression from 0.7.9 to 0.9.9

  • markat2
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 26, 2007
      Hi

      I've noticed that Ajile.Unload seems to be failing on our pages when
      we use Ajile.Unload() on IE
      The problem does not occur on FF, nor does it happen with 0.7.9

      Here's some test code that repros, click the link to leave the page.

      <head>
      <script type="text/javascript"
      src="com.iskitz.ajile.0.9.9.js"></script>
      <script type="text/javascript">
      window.onunload = function() { if (Ajile && Ajile.Unload) Ajile.Unload
      (); }
      </script>
      </head>
    • mikeizworkin
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 26, 2007
        Right you are Mark.

        I'll look into this and include a fix in this weekend's release.

        Thanks for reporting this.

        --- In ajile@yahoogroups.com, "markat2" <markat2@...> wrote:

        > Hi
        >
        > I've noticed that Ajile.Unload seems to be failing on our pages when
        > we use Ajile.Unload() on IE
        > The problem does not occur on FF, nor does it happen with 0.7.9
        >
        > Here's some test code that repros, click the link to leave the page.

        > <head>
        > <script type="text/javascript"
        > src="com.iskitz.ajile.0.9.9.js"></script>
        > <script type="text/javascript">
        > window.onunload = function() { if (Ajile && Ajile.Unload) Ajile.Unload
        > (); }
        > </script>
        > </head>

      • mikeizworkin
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 2, 2007
          Mark,
          Thanks for the feedback on the query string fix; glad it works.

          I have a fix for the Ajile.Unload() problem in IE. It works, but
          something about it overloads IE when used within my jsUnit test suite.

          I'm still not sure if it's the test suite or the fix itself, but I'll
          make an early release with the fix tonight so you can test whether it
          resolves the issue in your environment.

          I'll continue tracking the root cause and will make a new release if I
          find that the fix is part of or the cause of the problem.

          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 5, 2007
            Mark/All,
            I've released Ajile 0.9.9.2 with the Unload() fix. I haven't made an
            official announcement on the blog as yet, but you can download the new
            release from:

            http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/ajile/Ajile.0.9.9.2.zip?download

            Let me know if you run into any issues with this release.

            --- In ajile@yahoogroups.com, "mikeizworkin" <mikeizworkin@...> wrote:

            > Mark,
            > Thanks for the feedback on the query string fix; glad it works.
            >
            > I have a fix for the Ajile.Unload() problem in IE. It works, but
            > something about it overloads IE when used within my jsUnit test suite.
            >
            > I'm still not sure if it's the test suite or the fix itself, but I'll
            > make an early release with the fix tonight so you can test whether it
            > resolves the issue in your environment.
            >
            > I'll continue tracking the root cause and will make a new release if I
            > find that the fix is part of or the cause of the problem.
            >

            > --- In ajile@yahoogroups.com, "mikeizworkin" <mikeizworkin@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Right you are Mark.
            > >
            > > I'll look into this and include a fix in this weekend's release.
            > >
            > > Thanks for reporting this.
            > >
            > > --- In ajile@yahoogroups.com, "markat2" <markat2@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Hi
            > > >
            > > > I've noticed that Ajile.Unload seems to be failing on our pages
            when
            > > > we use Ajile.Unload() on IE
            > > > The problem does not occur on FF, nor does it happen with 0.7.9
            > > >
            > > > Here's some test code that repros, click the link to leave the page.

            > > > <head>
            > > > <script type="text/javascript"
            > > > src="com.iskitz.ajile.0.9.9.js"></script>
            > > > <script type="text/javascript">
            > > > window.onunload = function() { if (Ajile && Ajile.Unload)
            Ajile.Unload
            > > > (); }
            > > > </script>
            > > > </head>

          • markat2
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 15, 2007
              Hi Mike

              I tried the 0.9.9.2 release and it caused script errors loading our
              pages. I haven't had a chance to see what those script errors are yet
              but it doesn't seem to be compatible with previous releases (at least
              on IE 7).

              Thanks

              Mark
            • mikeizworkin
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 15, 2007
                Hi Mark,
                Thanks for the update. Can you provide any more details?

                If possible, please create a sample demonstrating the problem and
                upload it to this groups Files section. If you choose to upload please
                place the files under:

                Files > Ajile Tests > Mark

                I'm using 0.9.9.2 on the site's Examples page and within other
                applications and haven't noticed any IE 7 compatibility issues. Maybe
                I should clarify what Ajile.Unload does and what effects to expect
                when using it:

                Ajile.Unload(...) will completely remove the module or namespace
                specified as its parameter, specifically, he following actions are
                performed:

                1. After calling Ajile.Unload("com.mydomain.Site") com.mydomain.Site
                will be null. Ajile.Unload will also unload it's parent namespace if
                it's found to be empty after removing Site. If com.mydomain only
                contained Site referenceng com.domain.Site after Ajile.Unload would
                yield a "com.mydomain has no properties" error as expected.

                2. Ajile.Unload will also immediately remove the com.mydomain.Site
                script component from the page. It should be expected that if
                Ajile.Unload is used to remove com.mydomain.Site while that module is
                still being loaded IE will have problems.

                Not sure if that helps to clarify what may be happening but please
                provide further information so that we can find a solution.

                Thanks!