Possible bug with Query String arguments containing a period

  • markat2
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 24, 2007
      Hello again.

      I have a second issue that perhaps you can help with.

      Some of our pages use query string arguments. For instance an email
      address.

      Ajile does not seem to like pages with arguments like that.

      Take, for example, your own example pages:

      This works:
      http://ajile.sourceforge.net/examples/Examples.htm

      This also works:
      http://ajile.sourceforge.net/examples/Examples.htm?name=mark

      This does not (testing in IE at least):
      http://ajile.sourceforge.net/examples/Examples.htm?
      name=mark.atherton

      It doesn't matter if you encode the period, this also fails:
      http://ajile.sourceforge.net/examples/Examples.htm?name=mark%
      2eatherton

      Perhaps I'm doing something I shouldn't, is there a work-around?

      Thanks again

      Mark
    • mikeizworkin
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 24, 2007
        Hi Mark,
        That's definitely a bug!

        Thanks for finding and reporting it.

        I'll try to have the issue resolved and a fix released by the weekend.
        I have an excellent idea of what's causing the problem, I just need to
        make the time to implement and test the fix.

        Thanks again for reporting it and providing a useful example.

        Michael

        --- In ajile@yahoogroups.com, "markat2" <markat2@...> wrote:

        > Hello again.
        >
        > I have a second issue that perhaps you can help with.
        >
        > Some of our pages use query string arguments. For instance an email
        > address.
        >
        > Ajile does not seem to like pages with arguments like that.
        >
        > Take, for example, your own example pages:
        >
        > This works:
        > http://ajile.sourceforge.net/examples/Examples.htm
        >
        > This also works:
        > http://ajile.sourceforge.net/examples/Examples.htm?name=mark
        >
        > This does not (testing in IE at least):
        > http://ajile.sourceforge.net/examples/Examples.htm?
        > name=mark.atherton
        >
        > It doesn't matter if you encode the period, this also fails:
        > http://ajile.sourceforge.net/examples/Examples.htm?name=mark%
        > 2eatherton
        >
        > Perhaps I'm doing something I shouldn't, is there a work-around?
        >
        > Thanks again
        >
        > Mark

      • markat2
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 25, 2007
          Great, thanks Mike, we'll test it as soon as it's ready!
        • mikeizworkin
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 25, 2007
            Mark,
            Please download and try the Ajile 0.9.9.1 early release from:

            http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/ajile/Ajile.0.9.9.1.zip?download

            I've added a fix for the query string problem and one other minor bug.
            I ran this release through the test suite and all appears okay, but
            I'd like to take some time full verify it before officially releasing it.

            Give it a go and let me know what you find.

            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 2, 2007
              Mike, sorry I forgot to feedback, we've tested that fix and it works.
              Thanks!
              Mark

              Blog: http://thebestwayto.blogspot.com/