Nested Imports

  • fawkyoou
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 6, 2007
      For those of you that haven't discovered this yet, when doing nested
      imports (i.e. calling Import on a namespace'd class whose containing
      file also has further Import statements), make sure to declare the
      Imports BEFORE declaring Namespace...

      so it should look like this:

      Import("com.myco.package.class");
      Import("com.myco.package2.class");

      Namespace("com.myco.package3");

      .. code ..

      Declaring Namespace before the imports will kill event notification on
      the successful load of the parent file...
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 6, 2007
        Hey,
        Thanks for sharing this.

        I hadn't noticed this behavior, are you sure about it? Can you provide a
        working sample that shows the problem and the solution?

        I'm interested in seeing if this is really the case as I didn't intend
        to require a preference as to whether Namespace was used before Import
        or vice versa...

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 25, 2007
          !!! UPDATE !!!

          The behavior described in this thread is actually a symptom of another
          problem and is *NOT RELATED* to any ordering requirement for Import
          and Namespace statements.

          See the following post for a detailed explanation:

          Ajile 0.9, released on Tuesday solves this issue. visit
          http://ajile.iskitz.com/ to download and find details about the new
          release.

          -Michael