Frameworks

  • pcacic
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 18, 2007
      Hi!
      I'm trying to use Ajile 0.7.8, but as soon as I move from Examples to
      implementing it on my project, I get stuck with problems.
      MyFirst question is can javascript files can have more than one
      function, or variable in one file and will Ajile include it correctly
      with "*" wildcard from one file?
      Concretly, I'm trying to use Ajile with mootools javascript library.
      If I'm using mootols inheritance in file "js/script/org.svarog.queue.js":

      Namespace ("org.svarog.queue");
      Import ("org.svarog.table.TableWidget");
      org.svarog.queue.QueuesTable = TableWidget.extend({...})

      Javascript keeps telling me that TableWidget is not defined, even if
      it is included other file "js/script/org.svarog.table.TableWidget.js"
      (Ajile goes thru it it, I tested it with simple alert, but I don't
      know if it gives the name shortcut correctly).
      Namespace ("org.svarog.table");
      Load ("js/mootools.js");
      Import ("org.svarog.events");
      Import ("org.svarog.components");
      Import ("org.svarog.table.SortMethods");
      org.svarog.table.TableWidget = new Class ({..})

      It even doeasn't want to include it with
      org.svarog.queue.QueuesTable = org.svarog.table.TableWidget.extend({...})

      Last thing I will bother you today with is: ist it possibble to get
      uncompressed version of Ajile source (from svn or some distribution)?
      It will make debugging much easier.
      Any kind of input will be of great help,
      thanks in advance
      Petar Cacic
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 18, 2007
        Hi Petar,
        I just saw your message and though I don't have time to fully respond
        right now I can at least tell you where to the uncompressed source:

        http://sf.net/projects/ajile/ -> Download Ajile

        The source code download is listed there.

        Hopefully I'll have more time to look into your specific problem this
        week. In the meanwhile, have a go at the source, and if you're able o
        identify the issue please post about it here.

        -Michael

        --- In ajile@yahoogroups.com, "pcacic" <pcacic@...> wrote:

        > Hi!
        > I'm trying to use Ajile 0.7.8, but as soon as I move from Examples to
        > implementing it on my project, I get stuck with problems.
        > MyFirst question is can javascript files can have more than one
        > function, or variable in one file and will Ajile include it correctly
        > with "*" wildcard from one file?
        > Concretly, I'm trying to use Ajile with mootools javascript library.
        > If I'm using mootols inheritance in file
        "js/script/org.svarog.queue.js":

        > Namespace ("org.svarog.queue");
        > Import ("org.svarog.table.TableWidget");
        > org.svarog.queue.QueuesTable = TableWidget.extend({...})
        >
        > Javascript keeps telling me that TableWidget is not defined, even if
        > it is included other file "js/script/org.svarog.table.TableWidget.js"
        > (Ajile goes thru it it, I tested it with simple alert, but I don't
        > know if it gives the name shortcut correctly).
        > Namespace ("org.svarog.table");
        > Load ("js/mootools.js");
        > Import ("org.svarog.events");
        > Import ("org.svarog.components");
        > Import ("org.svarog.table.SortMethods");
        > org.svarog.table.TableWidget = new Class ({..})
        >
        > It even doeasn't want to include it with
        > org.svarog.queue.QueuesTable =
        org.svarog.table.TableWidget.extend({...})

        > Last thing I will bother you today with is: ist it possibble to get
        > uncompressed version of Ajile source (from svn or some distribution)?
        > It will make debugging much easier.
        > Any kind of input will be of great help,
        > thanks in advance
        > Petar Cacic

      • pcacic
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 18, 2007
          Thx on fast response.
          This should make finding of the problem easier

          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 2, 2007
            Hi Petar,
            I realized what I think is the issue with how you're trying to use
            Ajile with mootools:

            "js/script/org.svarog.queue.js" contents:

            Line 1: Namespace ("org.svarog.queue");
            Line 2: Import ("org.svarog.table.TableWidget");
            Line 3: org.svarog.queue.QueuesTable = TableWidget.extend({...})

            The problem happens at Line 3 because the browser's script engine
            needs to completely process your org.svarog.queue.js file before it
            can process the newly imported org.svarog.table.TableWidget.js file.

            In more detail, Ajile's examples use functions to define namespace
            members in order to allow the script engine to process imports before
            processing the code that uses them. So in your case, if you modify
            Line 3 in a way similar to the following, it should work as expected:

            Line 3: org.svarog.queue.QueuesTable = function()
            Line 4: {
            Line 5: return TableWidget.extend({...});
            Line 6: };

            similarly, modifying your "js/script/org.svarog.table.TableWidget.js"
            file as follows should give you the expected results:

            Line 1: Namespace ("org.svarog.table");
            Line 2: Load ("js/mootools.js");
            Line 3: Import ("org.svarog.events");
            Line 4: Import ("org.svarog.components");
            Line 5: Import ("org.svarog.table.SortMethods");

            Line 6: org.svarog.table.TableWidget = function()
            Line 7: {
            Line 8: return new Class ({..});
            Line 9: };

            I don't have your code and haven't used mootools, so I haven't been
            able to try what I'm suggesting. However, based on my current
            understanding of mootools and what you're trying to do, I believe
            these suggestions should resolve your problem or at least get you well
            on your way to a solution.

            Please let me know if these suggestions helped/worked or if they
            didn't and why. I'm always interested in improving Ajile's
            interoperability and helping users make better use of it.

            Good Luck!