AIS Messages

  • wallsofjasper2
    Message 1 of 5 , May 4, 2006
      Dave,
      Just wondering, have you decoded any other messages besides 1,2,3,
      and 5? I am working on some of the Safety Related Messages (14) that
      are found in the ITU 1371 standard. When I try to decode the 6-bit
      ASCII test, it comes out garbled, but when I use the dame routine on
      the ASCII data found in Message Type 5, it works fine. Any clues?

      Jim
    • Dave Houy
      Message 2 of 5 , May 8, 2006
        Jim,

        > Just wondering, have you decoded any other
        > messages besides 1,2,3, and 5?

        Aismon currently supports message types 1, 2, 3, 5, 18, 19, 20, 21, but
        support for additional messages should not be a problem. Can you
        supply some audio containing type 14 messages?

        Dave
      • jwyman@gmpexpress.net
        Message 3 of 5 , May 9, 2006

          Dave,

              Would an ascii string from the AIVDM message work? I have some of those...

          On Mon May 8 22:59 , 'Dave Houy' sent:

          Jim,

          Message 4 of 5 , May 9, 2006
            Jim,

            > Would an ascii string from the AIVDM message work?
            > I have some of those...

            Sure!

            Dave
          • Jim Wyman
            Message 5 of 5 , May 9, 2006
              Will do. I will collect some tomorrow and let me know what you get after the decode when you get it working. Thanks!

              Dave Houy wrote:
              Jim,

              > Would an ascii string from the AIVDM message work?
              > I have some of those...

              Sure!

              Dave