RE: [aismon] Re: Some data is missing

  • walter runck
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 19, 2013

      Michael,

      It appears that you’re looking at the dynamic navigational data (MMSI, location, speed, heading) which is transmitted much more often than the static data (MMSI, ship name, destination, etc).  When a ship icon changes from yellow to green, it means that a static sentence has been received that fully populates the AIS target info.

      If you right click on a green icon and hit “Target Query”, you should get all of the static stuff, at least whatever they’re broadcasting.  Some ships are more meticulous than others in currency and accuracy of this data.

      Walter

      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 19, 2013
        Thanks to all of you for answering!

        Currently I am on holiday in Greece. Nearby is a harbour. Last evening I set up my antenna and did receive AIS messages from a Yacht being moored in the port. I let my PC on the whole night. Even after a night of receiving the signals of the same ship, I was not able to see the ship name or dimensions in OpenCPN. strange...