Re: [aismon] Re: Some data is missing

  • M & M Neno
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 13, 2013
      Bluegoose is right, it takes a long time to get all the info if we only
      monitor one channel,
      but as they alternate all info will come thru eventually.
      I find it works better if you increase the target timeout to at least 15
      minutes.
      The default in Seaclear is only 4 min's & is in the ini file, a program like
      notepad is all that is
      needed to change it.
      In OpenCPN it is in tools under ships-ais-lost targets.

      73, Murray, ZL1ARL.

      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 19, 2013

        Michael,

        It appears that you’re looking at the dynamic navigational data (MMSI, location, speed, heading) which is transmitted much more often than the static data (MMSI, ship name, destination, etc).  When a ship icon changes from yellow to green, it means that a static sentence has been received that fully populates the AIS target info.

        If you right click on a green icon and hit “Target Query”, you should get all of the static stuff, at least whatever they’re broadcasting.  Some ships are more meticulous than others in currency and accuracy of this data.

        Walter

        Even if I rightclick, I only see some of the data. I hardly get the name of the vessel, not to think about the dimensions. The last two days I was travelling from Italy to Greece and only in two cases I got the name. Strange...

        --- In aismon@yahoogroups.com, "stollewlad" <stollewlad@...> wrote:

        > Michael,
        > OpenCPN main screen provide basic information about AIS targets, useful for navigation. If You want more, rightclick and choose AIS target list, then for specific target press Target Info.
        > Regards, Wlad

      • kirchberger3204
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 19, 2013
          Thanks to all of you for answering!

          Currently I am on holiday in Greece. Nearby is a harbour. Last evening I set up my antenna and did receive AIS messages from a Yacht being moored in the port. I let my PC on the whole night. Even after a night of receiving the signals of the same ship, I was not able to see the ship name or dimensions in OpenCPN. strange...