Up and down vessel number.

  • radiohamswl
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 21, 2013
      hello all,
      i'm a new user from few weeks in AIS reception, and have e lot of fun with it.

      But i'm suprise by the number of vessel receive in my location.
      this number periodicly up and down but i dont know why .
      here is my statitics : http://www.aishub.net/aisGraph.html?rrdname=2338&sname=Brest

      Is it a normal phenomem with AIS signal (periodic transmission from vessel)
      or is it a problem on my side from ais decoder or hardware ?

      - receiver(RTl dongle + antenna log peiodic vertical polar)
      - audio link to AISMON (mixer in<->out also using vac)
      - UDP link to AISDISPATCHER

      tnx
      jeje