Re: [aismon] Errors on 191.975mhz

  • Henk
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 7, 2013
      Hi
      The same here, but the otherway round
      I got on 161.975     80 to 85% good.    On 162.025 it's around 40 - 50% good.
      This is strange because there is a lot of interfernce around the 161.975
      and the 162.025 is a clean signal.

      Henk

      Op 7-6-2013 4:45, Luiz Gustavo Fernandes schreef:

      Hello,
      I have a problem here,
      tested in two radios (one Uniden BC760XL and
      one maritime Horizon GX1250 (Modified by me)) and both had the following problem, the frequency 88b (162.025) got around 80% of valid, however the frequency 87b (161.975)'m getting nearly 80% of errors.

      Anyone have any idea what might be causing this?

      Ps. English by google translator, sry!
      Thank you.
      Gustavo.

    • JensNL
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 7, 2013
        Depending of how your radio are made, +-900KHz or +-1MHz (the one on the "other" side of 450KHz , or 500KHz of 2.IF), can interfere with your channel, try to sample the input, and look at it, if there are big short sharp changes inside a packet I guess it's the reason. (I US it's often wether stations)

        --- In aismon@yahoogroups.com, Henk <jverdorie@...> wrote:

        > Hi
        > The same here, but the otherway round
        > I got on 161.975 80 to 85% good. On 162.025 it's around 40 - 50%
        > good.
        > This is strange because there is a lot of interfernce around the 161.975
        > and the 162.025 is a clean signal.
        >
        > Henk
        >

        > Op 7-6-2013 4:45, Luiz Gustavo Fernandes schreef:
        > > Hello,
        > > I have a problem here,
        > > tested in two radios (one Uniden BC760XL and
        > > one maritime Horizon GX1250 (Modified by me)) and both had the
        > > following problem, the frequency 88b (162.025) got around 80% of
        > > valid, however the frequency 87b (161.975)'m getting nearly 80% of errors.
        > >
        > > Anyone have any idea what might be causing this?
        > >

        > > Ps. English by google translator, sry!
        > > Thank you.
        > > Gustavo.

      • Henk
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 7, 2013
          What bandwidht are  you using,? I use 14.000 .

          Henk

        • Jens Nørgaard-Larsen
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 7, 2013
            Hi Henk
            Sorry for contacting you direct, but you seem to have enough interest in AIS not to mind :)
            (if you mind then please send me a email say stop).
            I would like if you could make some small (2-5 Mbyte) of AIS sample files on the two channels.(8 bit pcm 48000Hz)
            And here come the odd part if you can make files based on the normal audio output I would like those as well.
            My problem is that I live inland at the moment, so I count on old data :( , I'm playing with a receiver that can use a normal cheap VHF radio, that don't need to modified). It's not working real time at the moment. And the problem is that the front end recovery filter has to be different from model to model.
            Many say it can't be done but that is not true, and first small step would be to make a small PC program that read a .wav file do the filtering and and save a modifyed file that aismon can decode.
            Br
            Jens