Re: [aismon] AIS RECEAVING MARITME TRAFFIC

  • Rivai YE3AA
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 22, 2013
      hello,
      I'm also FT857D user. I'm using packet data 9600 bps pin out from rear side of my 857. feeding from external speaker jack won't work. try to connect straightly without any filter in between. after success decoding, you can try add filter as desired.

      sometimes I decode using yaesu FT7800 from 9600 bps pin out on rear. same method and also succes decoding.

      good luck.

      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 27, 2014
        I'm trying to set up with FT-8900 which has a 9600 baud pin out. A couple of questions. is 9600 too fast ? Second How do you register for a port number using AISMon, the link suggested is dead. Has any one had good results using a FT-8900?  Also I'm using 162.025 as a receive freq it's seems to have more traffic then 161.750?