AISmon and chart plotting

  • Ron
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 27, 2012
      Hi, Is there a posibility to export the data from aismon to a chart plotting software. What programs do i use and how can i make the connections. I use the FCD with the SDR# program which covers both channels simultaniously and route the output via VAC to aismon which decodes fine Just like to plot the ships (with data) on a map or Google earth for visiualisation
      Regards,
      R Liekens
    • Cezary Pytka
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 27, 2012
        Hi, you need to use a COM port emulator like VSPE to create a virtual port connection and then you can use any charting software to display targets. You can start with OpenCPN, AISmon outputs the data in a standard NMEA format, remember to set the bit rate to 38400.

        On Thu, Dec 27, 2012 at 12:14 PM, Ron <on2ron@...> wrote:

        Hi, Is there a posibility to export the data from aismon to a chart plotting software. What programs do i use and how can i make the connections. I use the FCD with the SDR# program which covers both channels simultaniously and route the output via VAC to aismon which decodes fine Just like to plot the ships (with data) on a map or Google earth for visiualisation
        Regards,
        R Liekens

      • Mr Peter Allinson
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 27, 2012
          AISMon can be exported to a program called OpenCPN (freeware). Maps are free in the USA. Old maps can be downloaded for rest of world from the net. A plug in also supports Google Earth
          Luck