RE: [aismon] Re: PC compability and audio hardware

  • Gervais Fillion
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 20, 2012
      Hi all
      if i may ask,i am looking for a used AIS receiver:would you know a web site where they are some on sale?
      i have try to listen with a software but no luck with my IBM 390 portable.

      Maybe i could have an helping hand for my project.

      i dont care the model,it just have to listen at the frequency thats all.
      thanks and i appriciated the moderator if he can let me send my request for help.
      73
      gervais

      To: aismon@yahoogroups.com
      From: evergagrossa@...
      Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2012 06:11:08 -0700
      Subject: Re: [aismon] Re: PC compability and audio hardware

      I've had similar problems with an Acer Aspire One ( Realtek sound chip) A usb external sound card, solved my problems.( Cmedia sound chip).

      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 21, 2012
        I found eBay is a good source of AIS radios.
        73
        Ken

        From: evergagrossa@...
        Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2012 06:11:08 -0700

        I've had similar problems with an Acer Aspire One ( Realtek sound chip) A usb external sound card, solved my problems.( Cmedia sound chip).

        I experienced the same problem when decoding HFDL transmission. Suddenly the decode rate decreased, an only random transmissions were actually decoded. When I tried to record directly from an external microphone, the recording sounded weak and distorted when played back.
        I guess I had overloaded the Realtech input resulting in electronic  parts breakdown.
        I rectified the problem by buying a Sandberg USB soundcard, which was the only one available with my local dealer at the time. But later I have also tried a couple of cheepo USB soundcards bought for less than ten buck on ebay.
        Maybe you are experiencing the same problem as I had with my eee pc?

        Good Luck!

        Egil - LA2PJ

        --- In aismon@yahoogroups.com, "sire785" <osire@...> wrote:

        > Hello,
        > I am monitoring AIS
        signals with an ICR-2500 RX connected to a classic latitude PC with no problem.
        > Since this PC cannot be locked at home, I tried to use an EEC
        Acer mini PC with a Realtek HD audio input. This PC seems to behave strangely since I was able weeks ago to monitor AIS signals but, for a while, no more signals are valid. The level bargraph is 100% but I get very few Syncs, all recorded as errors.
        > I suspect some thing wrong with the audio signal
        configuration. The input is the 1.5mm side micro jack.
        > If anybody has
        experienced such a problem, a help or hint is welcomed.

        Olivier

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
            aismon-digest@yahoogroups.com
            aismon-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • gervais
        Message 3 of 11 , Dec 7, 2012
          Hi all,
          well if i used an Receiver at the frequency of AIS ,Channel 87 – 161.975 MHz and Channel 88 – 162.025 MHz and and install a cable between the soundcard LINE IN,and the speaker output of my receiver,,,would it work?
          i should setup the soundcard at 48,000 hz ?
          what software should i used ?

          i thaught i would adjust it at 9,600 at the place of 48000 ,
          would i see something on my pc monitor if i decode right?
          thanks for your help,

          if it worked,i have a well situated radio site here and high speed internet so i would gave coverage locally.

          thanks for your guidance,if i could find a video that explein how to set it up it would be great
          73
          Gervais

          --- In aismon@yahoogroups.com, "Ken May" <lfoofui.nbz42@...> wrote:

          > I found eBay is a good source of AIS radios.
          > 73
          > Ken

        • Rivai YE3AA
          Message 4 of 11 , Dec 7, 2012
            receiver speaker output is unusable. you can use any radio which has 9600 bps pin out.

            well if i used an Receiver at the frequency of AIS ,Channel 87 – 161.975 MHz and Channel 88 – 162.025 MHz and and install a cable between the soundcard LINE IN,and the speaker output of my receiver,,,would it work?
            i should setup the soundcard at 48,000 hz ?
            what software should i used ?

            i thaught i would adjust it at 9,600 at the place of 48000 ,
            would i see something on my pc monitor if i decode right?
            thanks for your help,

            if it worked,i have a well situated radio site here and high speed internet so i would gave coverage locally.

            thanks for your guidance,if i could find a video that explein how to set it up it would be great
            73
            Gervais

            --- In aismon@yahoogroups.com, "Ken May" <lfoofui.nbz42@...> wrote:

            > I found eBay is a good source of AIS radios.
            > 73
            > Ken

          • Richard
            Message 5 of 11 , Dec 7, 2012
              http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Ddigital-text&field-keywords=ais+unleashed

              --- In aismon@yahoogroups.com, "gervais" <ve2ckn2@...> wrote:

              > Hi all,
              > well if i used an Receiver at the frequency of AIS ,Channel 87 � 161.975 MHz and Channel 88 � 162.025 MHz and and install a cable between the soundcard LINE IN,and the speaker output of my receiver,,,would it work?
              > i should setup the soundcard at 48,000 hz ?
              > what software should i used ?
              >
              > i thaught i would adjust it at 9,600 at the place of 48000 ,
              > would i see something on my pc monitor if i decode right?
              > thanks for your help,
              >
              > if it worked,i have a well situated radio site here and high speed internet so i would gave coverage locally.
              >
              > thanks for your guidance,if i could find a video that explein how to set it up it would be great
              > 73
              > Gervais
              >
              > --- In aismon@yahoogroups.com, "Ken May" <lfoofui.nbz42@> wrote:
              > >
              > > I found eBay is a good source of AIS radios.
              > > 73
              > > Ken

            • Alan
              Message 6 of 11 , Dec 7, 2012

                >receiver speaker output is unusable. you can use any radio which has 9600 bps pin out.

                I've only tried AIS once.
                I fed the audio to AISDecoder. It is then passed to aismon through a Virtual serial port.
                That's about all I remember without trying again...

                Alan
              • Gervais Fillion
                Message 7 of 11 , Dec 8, 2012

                  thanks

                  www.michelebard.com

                  To: aismon@yahoogroups.com
                  From: acampb5160@...
                  Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2012 05:55:06 +0000

                  http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Ddigital-text&field-keywords=ais+unleashed

                  --- In aismon@yahoogroups.com, "gervais" <ve2ckn2@...> wrote:

                  > Hi all,
                  > well if i used an Receiver at the frequency of AIS ,Channel 87 � 161.975 MHz and Channel 88 � 162.025 MHz and and install a cable between the soundcard LINE IN,and the speaker output of my receiver,,,would it work?
                  > i should setup the soundcard at 48,000 hz ?
                  > what software should i used ?
                  >
                  > i thaught i would adjust it at 9,600 at the place of 48000 ,
                  > would i see something on my pc monitor if i decode right?
                  > thanks for your help,
                  >
                  > if it worked,i have a well situated radio site here and high speed internet so i would gave coverage locally.
                  >
                  > thanks for your guidance,if i could find a video that explein how to set it up it would be great
                  > 73
                  > Gervais
                  >
                  > --- In aismon@yahoogroups.com, "Ken May" <lfoofui.nbz42@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > I found eBay is a good source of AIS radios.
                  > > 73
                  > > Ken

                • Gervais Fillion
                  Message 8 of 11 , Dec 8, 2012

                    well seems logical,
                    i have the chance to have a good coverage site here with high speed internet,i dont need an VHF radio because i just want too listen at the frequency and rebtransmit at the good server what i would have heard.

                    thanks
                    gervais
                    ve2ckn

                    www.michelebard.com