SV: [aismon] New AIS Android Application

  • Tobbe
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 28 12:49 AM

      I like marinetraffic and that’s for free…

      Two negative comments and “not to use for navigation…”, well, I pass this time.

      Thanks for the link though.

      Torbjorn, Sweden

      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 28 10:14 AM

        Yes, but Marine Traffic cannot send position info.

        Anyone know how to tell if a Boat is an AIS station or a Boat Beacon station?  Or know of a boat that is a boat beacon station that I can look up on that app?

        Pretty cool, but alas it is not true radio.   Sorry if this is off-topic, but I’m glad it was brought to our attention.

        Gary

        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 5, 2012
          If you want to self report your position to marinetraffic there is an
          app for both the iPhone and android, see #2 on this page
          http://marinetraffic.com/ais/selfreporttext.aspx

          This is however only reporting your position to marinetraffic and not to
          the boats around you monitoring the AIS VHF frequencies.