Re: Both AIS channels to stereo input ?

  • Lu Per
    Message 1 of 8 , May 21, 2012
      --- In aismon@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Houy" <davehouy@...> wrote:

      > Stian,
      >
      > > Would it be possible to implement the functionality of using both
      > > (stereo) channels from two separate receivers.
      >
      > Possible yes, but of dubious value, since all traffic eventually
      > appears on both channels. Nevertheless, I may add this functionality
      > as time permits.
      >
      > Dave

      this feature was never implemented?

      TNX,
      Lucio Rome, Italy
    • Dave
      Message 2 of 8 , May 21, 2012
        Lu Per,

        > this feature was never implemented?

        No, but it is possible to run multiple AISMon instances on a single PC however.

        Dave
      • Lu Per
        Message 3 of 8 , May 22, 2012
          --- In aismon@yahoogroups.com, "Dave" <davehouy@...> wrote:

          > Lu Per,
          >
          > > this feature was never implemented?
          >
          > No, but it is possible to run multiple AISMon instances on a single PC however.
          >
          > Dave

          ok Dave,
          thanks for the answer ...
          I try with two receivers, two antennas and two instances of AISMon although I did not clear how it could work.
          thanks again
          Lucio
        • Dash Nine
          Message 4 of 8 , May 23, 2012
             Lu Per,
            As long as your not transmitting, you can Y the antenna cable and get away with only needing one antenna.
            :)

            Sent from my PC @ Home!
            :)

            Message 5 of 8 , May 23, 2012
              ok, but the two leads for the two antennas are not a problem. I have six coaxial cables coming into the house and I can use two of them for the AIS. I bought two old marine handheld on eBay, same brand same model, and I would like to compare different types of antennas at the same time and under the same conditions. I'm trying to figure out which solution is most appropriate. ;)
              ciao, Lucio

              --- In aismon@yahoogroups.com, Dash Nine <bignewsantafe@...> wrote:

              >  Lu Per,
              > As long as your not transmitting, you can Y the antenna cable and get away with only needing one antenna.
              > :)
              >
              > Sent from my PC @ Home!
              > :)

            • Dash Nine
              Message 6 of 8 , May 23, 2012
                Oh, sorry, didn't know you are testing, though you were economizing!
                :)

                Sent from my PC @ Home!
                :)