up and running? not yet

  • mahogany2256
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 1, 2010
      Hello to the group, I have AISMON open and am using a Kenwood TS 2000 transceiver with a SignaLink usb soundcard. Would some kind soul talk me through the settings required? Thanks in advance
    • Dash Nine
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 1, 2010
        Audio Device:  The one of your choice.
        Sampling Rate: Usally 4800 works best.
        Check or uncheck next box to your own liking.
        Serial Output: uncheck
        Logfile Output: Anywhere you want to store your files. Uncheck unless your logging.
        UDP Output: Checked and type this IP & Port number
        195.251.168.18:5889

        Good luck. What is your location?
        Allen
        :)

        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 1, 2010
          Dear OM
          I'm using a IC-706mkiig and the internal sound card of the PC.
          I take from the trx the  audio signal at the discriminator and send to the microphone input of the PC. To be precise I'm using  the output data at 9600 bps from the data socket for packet operation.

          If you start AISMON selecting in processing option "Stop Monitoring" you shoud be able to select one of the audio available devices in a drop down menu.
          If you connect your signalink USB to the computer, AISMON should be able to see it.
          The output of AISMON is toward a COM port.
          I'm using the program SeaClear for visualizing charts, my own GPS position and AIS targets.
          Data are inputted to SeaClear through a COM port.
          So, to transfer data from AISMON to SeaClear you need a virtual COM port generaror, I'm using the one developed by the people of MixW.

          You start the process, if you need more informations I'm here.
          73
          Giuseppe IZ1GCL
          Hello to the group, I have AISMON open and am using a Kenwood TS 2000 transceiver with a SignaLink usb soundcard. Would some kind soul talk me through the settings required? Thanks in advance

        • Giuseppe Menga

            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 2, 2010
              Thanks to everyone who responded to my plea for help. I'm no nearer solving my problem, I think I am missing something in the set up. The monitor window shows 100% errors always. In other words I am receiving packets and the Level indicator shows one blue bar. Allen I live on the west sussex coast of England in a town called Bognor Regis my maritime traffic ID# is 784 and I would just love for it to indicate, "on line"!

              --- In aismon@yahoogroups.com, Dash Nine <bignewsantafe@...> wrote:

              > Audio Device:  The one of your choice.
              > Sampling Rate: Usally 4800 works best.
              > Check or uncheck next box to your own liking.
              > Serial Output: uncheck
              > Logfile Output: Anywhere you want to store your files. Uncheck unless your logging.
              > UDP Output: Checked and type this IP & Port number
              > 195.251.168.18:5889
              >
              > Good luck. What is your location?
              > Allen
              > :)
              >

              > ________________________________

            • CT1EKD
              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 2, 2010
                Sorry do not agree.

                You need to connect the pc to the 9600BPS output AUDIO of the TS200, not the
                phones jack. Use the 9600 conection.
                I will check at the TS200 manual

                Pedro - CT1EKD

                --- In aismon@yahoogroups.com <mailto:aismon%40yahoogroups.com> , Dash Nine

                Message 7 of 11 , Jul 2, 2010
                  Use Pin 1 for áudio digital output for sub receiver or pin 3 for main
                  receiver. Page 95 of the user manual.
                  Don’t use squelsh,

                  Pedro - ct1ekd

                  Message 8 of 11 , Jul 2, 2010
                     Mahogany,
                    You won't see that your on line until your site had successfully decoded some packet.
                    And after a half hour of no packets it will show offline again.
                    Instead of a sound card, I using a usb Griffin iMic. Works great on two different radios.
                    I'm on the Columbia River between Oregon & Washington State. Site ID 569. Only barge traffic and a passenger boat., along with a few pleasure boats. Not all the barge traffic run with AIS radios.
                    Good Luck.

                    :)

                    Message 9 of 11 , Jul 2, 2010
                      You should be able to adjust your levels with the volume control for you sound card in windows control panel. You only want it about half way, not full out.

                      Thanks to everyone who responded to my plea for help. I'm no nearer solving my problem, I think I am missing something in the set up. The monitor window shows 100% errors always. In other words I am receiving packets and the Level indicator shows one blue bar. Allen I live on the west sussex coast of England in a town called Bognor Regis my maritime traffic ID# is 784 and I would just love for it to indicate, "on line"!

                      --- In aismon@yahoogroups.com, Dash Nine <bignewsantafe@...> wrote:

                      > Audio Device:  The one of your choice.
                      > Sampling Rate: Usally 4800 works best.
                      > Check or uncheck next box to your own liking.
                      > Serial Output: uncheck
                      > Logfile Output: Anywhere you want to store your files. Uncheck unless your logging.
                      > UDP Output: Checked and type this IP & Port number
                      > 195.251.168.18:5889
                      >
                      > Good luck. What is your location?
                      > Allen
                      > :)
                      >

                      > ________________________________

                    • chris g7ogx
                      Message 10 of 11 , Jul 7, 2010

                        Pedro, Thank you for the suggestion.  I allready have ACC 2 connected to my PC via the signalink external soundcard.

                        "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you..." Chris G7OGX
                        EPC#098 EN81, DMC#573, FHC#1194, 070#827 30MDG#3030.

                        To: aismon@yahoogroups.com

                      • davehouy@pacbell.net
                        Message 11 of 11 , Jul 8, 2010
                          Chris,

                          > In other words I am receiving packets and the
                          > Level indicator shows one blue bar.

                          Increase your recording level to reach midrange on the level indicator.

                          Dave