953Re: Some data is missing

  • bluegoose_46
    Jul 13 12:12 AM
      I have run a test this morning, it seems that the vessel name etc is in the type 5 message. Type 1 3 don't have this information.

      Creation Time Local,13/07/2013 10:09:18,,
      Nmea Sentence,"!AIVDM,2,1,2,,58UV0f024s7UTa8?@01IU<tdtLu9<d0000000016<@S::5k?0>S2C@Dlkk000,0*7B,7/13/2013 6:51:29 AM",,
      Received Time UTC,13/07/2013 06:51:29,,
      AIS Sentence,!AIVDM,"Mobile class A or B, 360 bits (61 6-bit words)",
      Fragments in this message,2,,
      Fragment No,1,,
      Sequential Message ID,2,,
      Radio Channel,,,
      Payload,58UV0f024s7UTa8?@01IU<tdtLu9<d0000000016<@S::5k?0>S2C@Dlkk000,424 bits (53 8-bit words),
      Fill bits,0,,
      CRC check,7B,,
      Vessel Name,VYSOKOGORSK,,
      AIS Message Type,5,Ship and Voyage Report,
      Repeat Indicator,0,Repeatable,
      MMSI,576291000,,
      MID,576,Vanuatu (Republic of),
      AIS Version,0,Compliant with ITU-R M.1371-1,
      IMO Number,8711289,,
      Call Sign,YJRC4,7 characters,
      Vessel Name,VYSOKOGORSK,20 characters,
      Ship Type,70,Cargo-all ships of this type,
      Dimension to Bow,98,meters,
      Dimension to Stern,35,meters,
      Length,133,"meters, {calculated}",
      Dimension to Port,10,meters,
      Dimension to Starboard,10,meters,
      Beam,20,"meters, {calculated}",
      Position Type Fix,1,GPS,
      ETA month,07,,
      ETA day,06,,
      ETA hour,15,,
      ETA minute,00,,
      Draught,5.8,meters,
      Destination,LIMASSOL,20 characters,
      DTE,0,Data Terminal Ready,
      Spare,0,1 bit,

      --- In aismon@yahoogroups.com, "bluegoose_46" <davidgreenway@...> wrote:

      > From my location, It takes sometime for the vessel full information to show up in both windows version of OpenCPN and Maxsea. I usually get the basic MMSI and position first then the name and other data 5 - 15 min later. I'm only able to monitor 1 channel in Windows, which is usually B.
      >
      > In Linux I use GR-ais in to OpenCPN with A and B channels monitored which tends to be faster to get the full information.
      >

      > --- In aismon@yahoogroups.com, kirchberger3204 <no_reply@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Wlad, thanks for your answer.
      > > Even if I rightclick, I only see some of the data. I hardly get the name of the vessel, not to think about the dimensions. The last two days I was travelling from Italy to Greece and only in two cases I got the name. Strange...
      > >

      > > --- In aismon@yahoogroups.com, "stollewlad" <stollewlad@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Michael,
      > > > OpenCPN main screen provide basic information about AIS targets, useful for navigation. If You want more, rightclick and choose AIS target list, then for specific target press Target Info.
      > > > Regards, Wlad

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic