X Prize for air ships

  • Grant Morgan
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 27, 2007
      The X-prize people are looking for a new prize goal

      "In collaboration with mobile entertainment and content sharing
      network, Zannel, X PRIZE asks us (you!) to submit 2-minute videos
      about the most important issues and challenges facing humankind. After
      the submissions close, there will be an open voting period, and a
      committee from the foundation will review those that receive the most
      votes. Based on their assessment, they will develop the next round of
      prizes (totaling $50 million), and the winners of the video contest
      will be flown to the Wirefly X PRIZE Cup in New Mexico to see the next
      advancements in private spacecraft design in action."
      from
      http://www.worldchanging.com/archives/006372.html

      http://www.zannel.com/XPrizeContest

      I could not find a deadline.

      A few million dollar prize for some advancement in airships would
      definitely get investors notice. An airship prize would be great but
      a prize for some thing that favors airships but does not directly
      state airship in it might have a better chance of being selected. For
      example to move say 10 tons of cargo from 1 point to another using a
      limited supply of fuel and time, point a could be 200 km inland and
      point b 200 km offshore or over a mountain to give an advantage to
      airships. If you have an airship you would like to get funding for
      thing of a general prize definition that favors your design and submit
      it.

      --
      Cheers,
      Grant
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 28, 2007
        I think we are forgetting what happened with Cargo Lifter.  They had the right idea but ran out
        of Money(same old story).   They couldn't even get additional funding from the German Government.
        Plus is was designed to carry 160 tonnes.
        Ford
      • Grant Morgan
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 29, 2007
          I don't understand the point your trying to make here...

          >Posted by: "Ford U. Ross" zccaams@... zccaams
          >Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:52 am (PST)
          >I think we are forgetting what happened with Cargo Lifter. They had the right
          >idea but ran out
          >of Money(same old story). They couldn't even get additional funding from the
          >German Government.
          >Plus is was designed to carry 160 tonnes.
          >Ford

          The idea I was trying to get across in my original post was that
          effort needed to make a an airship related proposal to the X prize
          group by this venue will take minimal expense and effort for someone
          knowledgeable about he current state of airship technology. Doings so
          would raise awareness about airships even if the proposal is not
          accepted. If the proposal is accept it would have an extremely large
          impact on awareness and encouraging investors.

          --
          Cheers,
          Grant