some bugs and typos

  • Andreas Nuechter
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 8 12:02 AM
      Hello,

      I want to spot some bugs and typos I found in the AIMA book
      while studying for an exam. These typos aren't listed on the
      homepage. I am using the paperpack version of the book which is
      sold outside the U.S. ((C) 1995).

      page 278:
      Gerneralized Resolution (implications)
      There sould be dots between p_{j+1} and p_{n_1} in the last line.

      page 474:
      Orderability:
      You surely mean xor instead of or. Exactly one of the terms should hold.

      page 536 figure 18.6 (c):
      Exchange the labels yes and no for patrons none and patrons
      some. In figure 18.8 there is this case correct. (BTW: Another
      bug in this figure was already spotted!)

      page 640:
      Discovering new predicates and new knowledge
      I don't think quantum mechanics is a good object to be
      discovered by inductive learning programs, since q.m.
      intrinsically deals with probabilities.

      page 743:
      Shading
      There should be a \cdot between vector n and vector s which is
      the scalar product (dot product).

      Unfortunately all other bugs I found were already listed on the
      AIMA errata page.

      But anyways it is a very good book!

      Bye,
      Andreas Nuechter

      ---
      Andreas Nuechter
      ...student of computer science at University of Bonn
      Helenenstrasse 7, Apt. 63
      53225 Bonn, Germany
      nuechte@... www.nuechti.de
      phone: +49-228-9140190 cell-phone: +49-177-7951270
      ICQ#: 19506497