Re: [aima-talk] Compiler for Source in Text

  • Serguei Mokhov
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 20, 2002
      From: "Will Deakin" <anisotropia9@...>
      Sent: September 20, 2002 5:44 PM

      > >Serguei Mokhov ha scritto:
      > > Not exactly LISP, but a subset.
      > Without meaning to be painfully pedantic, if you mean
      > by LISP (or lisp since this looks a bit quieter on the
      > page :) that you are talking about common lisp --

      I wasn't talking about any particular flavour of lisp.

      > which I belive the examples to be implemented in --
      > then, no, scheme is not "a subset" of lisp. There are

      Okay, not a *proper* subset :)

      > If however, you mean by *a* "LISP," that scheme can
      > trace ancedance from the early work by McCarthy and

      Yes.

      -s
    • Owain Roberts
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 20, 2002
        My understanding is that this goup if for discussions
        directly pertaining to 'Artificial Intelligence: A
        modern Approach' by Stuart Russell and Peter Norvig.

        Might this dicussion be better suited to
        comp.land.lisp?

        > > Without meaning to be painfully pedantic, if you
        > mean
        > > by LISP (or lisp since this looks a bit quieter on
        > the
        > > page :) that you are talking about common lisp --
        >
        > I wasn't talking about any particular flavour of
        > lisp.
        >
        > > which I belive the examples to be implemented in
        > --
        > > then, no, scheme is not "a subset" of lisp. There
        > are
        >
        > Okay, not a *proper* subset :)
        >
        > > If however, you mean by *a* "LISP," that scheme
        > can
        > > trace ancedance from the early work by McCarthy
        > and
        >
        > Yes.
        >
        > -s

        =====
        Quamvis tam longo possis satur esse libello,
        lector, adhuc a me disitcha pauca petis.
        sed Lupus usuram puerique diaria poscunt.
        Lector, solve. Taces dissimulasque? Vale.

        --Marcus Valerius Martialis, liber XI, CVIII

        http://sbc.yahoo.com
      • Will Deakin
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 21, 2002
          --- Owain Roberts <owain_roberts@...> ha
          scritto:
          > My understanding is that this goup if for
          > discussions directly pertaining to 'Artificial
          > Intelligence: A modern Approach' by Stuart Russell
          and
          > Peter Norvig.
          Yes. The answer I gave was in response to a thread as
          to whether the aima code would run under scheme. I was
          trying to explain why this was not so and that
          there were a number of practical steps that could be
          carried out to run the examples.

          For completeness, I should have added that IIRC the
          examples are also implemented in a number of other
          languages. This would suggest a third approach of not
          using lisp but java, say. However, I don't know enough
          about this to be of any futher assistance.

          Why is this not "on topic?" Unless, of course, the
          first question was not.

          > Might this dicussion be better suited to
          > comp.land.lisp?
          Further dicussion (sic) would. Or any one of a number
          of other places.

          Best Regards,

          Will

          Mio Yahoo!: personalizza Yahoo! come piace a te
          http://it.yahoo.com/mail_it/foot/?http://it.my.yahoo.com/