FOL-FC-ASK: How to generate all possible substitution?

  • philemonf92
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 17, 2014
      Hi,

      I am not sure to understand how to generate all the possible thetas unifying two rules' premises in the Knowledge Base as it is done in the forward chaining algorithm for inference in first-order logic.

      Thank you in advance for your help!

      Regards,
      Philémon
    • pfundsteinmarkus
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 16, 2014
        Lets say you have in your Knowledge base

        Brother(Chris, Markus)
        Brother(Daniel, Markus)

        and your goal is Brother(x, Markus), then you will get two possible thetas. One is {x/Chris} and one is {x/Daniel}.