CSP Forward checking

  • Ariel Rossanigo
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 6, 2013
      Hi, I don't understand an afirmation in section 6.3.2. There say: "Because forward checking only does arc consistency inferences, there is no reason to do forward checking if we have already done arc consistency as a preprocessing step."

      In Australia CSP, if I done arc consistency as preprocesing step the domains doesn't change. After an assigment  like {SA = red}, forward checking remove "red" from domains of WA, NT, Q, NSW and V.

      The cuestion is, ¿why that does't help? ¿there is a mistake on the book?

      thanks

      Ariel
    • Ariel Rossanigo

        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 9, 2013
          This affirmation does seem incorrect. Otherwise the MAC (Maintaining Arc Consistency) algorithm would not make sens.
          Regards,
          H.B.

          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 4, 2013

            I had the same problem. The domains don´t change at all! The N-Queen problem can´t be solved using AC-2 or AC-3.

            Regards

            Hi,