A question about limited-depth search output?

  • spsycoder
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 15, 2013
      Hi everyone,
      in Fig. 3.17 page 88 (3rd ed.) we have got a version of DLS algorithm,
      after putting some attention on it, i realized that the output is cutoff all the time-if it does not find the solution in that depth limit of course. what does it mean to return failure?!

      Am I correct? or is there any misunderstanding?

      Regards,
      Saman .M.G.
    • arash Irani
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 26, 2013
        As I went through it, I found that failure has different meaning of cutoff. It means, failure is happened if RECURSIVE-DLS, for example, faces an empty node when value of limit is not zero. In the other words, value of limit is sometimes greater than depth of the search tree.
        I wish my undrestanding would be correct!
        Regards,
        Arash

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 30, 2013
          Hi everybody,

          As I went through the algorithm, I found that failure is happened if RECURSIVE-DLS, for example, faces an empty node when value of limit is not zero. For example, failure can happen if the value of limit is greater than depth of the search tree and algorithm faces an empty node.