Re: [aima-talk] Compiler for Source

  • Earthlink
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 20, 2002
      Will, thanks for the reply.
      Through another correspondence today, you are right on.
      I had started out this whole thing by downloading Allegro adn
      kind of freaked when I saw the file size ( 22 megs).
      Turns out this is the norm.
      Easiest way to proceed for me is to use common lisp.

      Jerald Weinstein CT(ASCP)
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 20, 2002
        --- wein3150 a scritto:
        > Hi,
        > Can anyone tell me if MIT Scheme 7.5 for W98 should
        > work okay with the lisp source code form the text?
        No. Although similar, common lisp and scheme are
        sufficiently different such that the code in the book
        will not -- in general -- work with scheme.

        Two approaches now seem obvious (to me at least),
        either port the code to scheme or obtain a common lisp
        compiler. Dependant on your personal bias, skills and
        experience one should now be apparent.

        If it were *me* I would start out by looking at one of
        free common lisp compilers which, I *think*, run under
        W98. For example, the excellent clisp or corman lisp
        spring to mind. Or trial editions of the excellent
        xanalys lispworks or franz allegro common lisp.

        Hope this helps,

        :)w

        Mio Yahoo!: personalizza Yahoo! come piace a te
        http://it.yahoo.com/mail_it/foot/?http://it.my.yahoo.com/